One and only tank in my office (waterbox 7225)

MountainBorn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The deal with my wife after relocating was I could have a single fish tank, so I am setting up a waterbox 7225 in what is my office now. I work from home now so I will be able to pivot and watch it throughout the day. It is off to a bit of a slow start, the tank weighs 467lbs by itself so I have to hire help to get it moved and that is 3 weeks out at the moment. So for a start I thought I would start with the stand and sump being assembled. The 65 gallon holding tank will be used for auto water changing about 2 gallons a day and the 35 gallon will be a gravity ato(will swap tank locations) if I can find a trustworthy clamp on float valve. I plan to put up a screen to hide the water tanks once it is all up and running.

tank start.jpg

I want to keep some mandarin's so I will run a refugium thought I don't like how pods would have to make it through the skimmer chamber to get to the pump so I will use a pod hotel to move some to the tank every couple of weeks. I am going to also try culture some in a bucket to also keep adding to the main tank.

sump start.jpg

Thanks for looking and I will update once the tank is in place. If anyone has suggestions for a reliable clamp on float valve, please let me know. I did buy a aquarium experts ultimate ato and could try use the 1/4 solenoid valve it came with instead of a float so I might go with that since I have it.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It looks like you are off to a good start! Congratulations on the new tank and good luck with this adventure!

OP
OP
MountainBorn

MountainBorn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh wow, sorry I haven't updated this. It has been a long road, it took several months to get anyone to come move the tank but it is setup and running. I have a small mix of corals that quarantined in the tank before I added a few fish. I have a purple tang, sailfin tang, coral beauty, royal gramma, some blue/green chromis, a purple firefish ,a neon goby and a flame hawkfish. I will get some pictures after I get a little maintenance done. I had a few quarantine disasters that resulted in several lost fish so I am thinking I might try tank transfer method moving forward.

But I did get a top lid this week and it is fantastic. I have one more project to add a 14g refugium above the tank that will drain into one of the lid cutouts. I am going to finally start running my UV and I wanted to give some pods a chance of making it so the return will send some water without UV up to it.
toplid.jpg

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back