One last fish for my Waterbox AIO 35?

diabolical_clownfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi - I'm looking to possibly add one more fish to my Waterbox AIO tank, 35 gallons. Currently, I have:

- A pair of Ocellaris clownfish (1.5 years in the tank)
- Yellow-tail blue damselfish (1 year)
- Royal Gramma Basslet (2 weeks)
- Yellow Clown Goby (2 weeks)

Picture with all 5 inhabitants right now:

IMG_2809.PNG

So far everyone gets along together well. I'm wondering if it would be reasonable for me to add one more fish and am looking for ideas. I was thinking:

- Diamond Goby: had one a year ago when the tank was young and it jumped out and died after less than 24 hours. Not sure if I want to repeat that traumatic experience.
- Yellow Watchman Goby with pistol shrimp: I would be interested in observing this pair but my previous cleaner shrimp rather bothered my corals (stealing food, etc), not sure if the pistol shrimp is the same.

Both of these options would entail a fish in the sand / caves so minimized possibilities for conflict with the others. Definitely open to other ideas as well.

Thanks!

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I just read your build thread, you have a lot of fish! (and those kill counts are crazy)
Yes, it's certainly getting up there! The clownfish have been relatively peaceful of late (the female sustained an eye injury that's been slowly healing, so they've been off doing their own thing for the past few weeks and ignoring everyone else).

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi - I'm looking to possibly add one more fish to my Waterbox AIO tank, 35 gallons. Currently, I have:

- A pair of Ocellaris clownfish (1.5 years in the tank)
- Yellow-tail blue damselfish (1 year)
- Royal Gramma Basslet (2 weeks)
- Yellow Clown Goby (2 weeks)

Picture with all 5 inhabitants right now:

IMG_2809.PNG

So far everyone gets along together well. I'm wondering if it would be reasonable for me to add one more fish and am looking for ideas. I was thinking:

- Diamond Goby: had one a year ago when the tank was young and it jumped out and died after less than 24 hours. Not sure if I want to repeat that traumatic experience.
- Yellow Watchman Goby with pistol shrimp: I would be interested in observing this pair but my previous cleaner shrimp rather bothered my corals (stealing food, etc), not sure if the pistol shrimp is the same.

Both of these options would entail a fish in the sand / caves so minimized possibilities for conflict with the others. Definitely open to other ideas as well.

Thanks!
I wouldn’t add anything else, the clowns will get aggressive and so will the gramma. Not only that but the clowns will also get large.

OP
OP
diabolical_clownfish

diabolical_clownfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d get the YWG. Diamond Gobies are sand sifters, unless they have enough microfauna (and they constantly graze the sand) yours may or may not take to any food you feed and end up dying.
Thank you for the feedback - does YWG come up to eat in your experience? I found some posts that say that they target feed the YWG just like the Diamond Gobies.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 33 33.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 21 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 9.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 26 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back