One last shot.

Ckgrey007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, my little nano tank (20 gal plus 10 gal sump) has been through it. I’ve been in the process of opening a new business and the last thing I’ve been paying attention to is my tank (boo hoo) I know, other then feeding and occasional water changes I haven’t done much else and pretty much everything has been killed and taken over by algae except for my fish (thankfully) and all hiding in the pic.
I added some algaway 5.4 recommended by my LFS But I’m seriously considering buying a whole new tank and moving all my fish and critters out and just KILLING everything in this tank (algae) and starting over. Idk how to get it under control. HELP!

EE048DA0-A4B0-48E0-A69A-9218E7ADDF16.jpeg

sunken3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry to say thats just some neglect and maybe some overfeeding... (throw in some lighting issues).. not sure..

all is not lost.. since its fish only, i would scrap the tank walls to remove all the algae,,,, pull the rocks and use a scrub brush to clean them.... full water change and BAM new tank.

OP
OP
C

Ckgrey007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry to say thats just some neglect and maybe some overfeeding... (throw in some lighting issues).. not sure..

all is not lost.. since its fish only, i would scrap the tank walls to remove all the algae,,,, pull the rocks and use a scrub brush to clean them.... full water change and BAM new tank.
I agree definite neglect (I do feel bad) I’m trying to correct now. It didn’t use to be all fish. The coral all died.... there’s some basic stuff left. I’m surprised there’s fish left but I also promise
It happened over 2 weeks. Like 2 weeks
Of neglect and it all went to crud. Thanks
For
Your feedback.

Back