OP
OP
ReefLab

ReefLab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm happy to see this tank get revived! Similar case with our 100g Waterbox in relatively poor shape when we got it. Was able to get it back in to tip top shape! Lots of goodness in this thread... I'll keep following for some good advice ;)
Thanks for dropping by!

OP
OP
ReefLab

ReefLab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2035.jpeg

Quick FTS. Big batch of corals coming this week.

I cleaned the quartz sleeve on my UV sterilizer (it was very much calcified) and the brown on the sand bed has gotten better. yeah this isn't the worst. Hopefully this is gone the next time I update. ;Sorry IMG_2004.jpeg

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking better! Looking forward to seeing Those new corals! What were ya combating in the tank? Cyano... GHA? Dino’s?
Making a good recover that’s for sure:)

OP
OP
ReefLab

ReefLab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking better! Looking forward to seeing Those new corals! What were ya combating in the tank? Cyano... GHA? Dino’s?
Making a good recover that’s for sure:)
Dino’s on the sand bed which turned into cyano everywhere

now its this hard mat of Dino’s? And speckles of hair algae and cyano around the tank.

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yheesh! Did you black out the tank or just the light reduction? Your tanks making a come back though!

OP
OP
ReefLab

ReefLab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yheesh! Did you black out the tank or just the light reduction? Your tanks making a come back though!

honestly I haven’t messed with the light too much. Increased it if anything.

i put UV online and just manually siphon the sand into a filter sock weekly and blow the rocks off while running a marineland mechanical filter.

im quarantining a bunch of snails so hopefully they’ll do some of the work for me lol

OP
OP
ReefLab

ReefLab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FE6F92C4-E893-4526-B706-3CD9BA33BEBD.jpeg
1D326CEC-B4ED-48E9-B4F2-3D2B231EF487.jpeg
Thought this was a cool shot of my hawkfish and for the first time im seeing tons of coralline algae grow! I added ARC Purple Helix but I think the real catalyst for growth was starting using Kalkwasser.

0CAF57DD-2693-4AE0-BE7F-C3298D68BDC8.jpeg

Need some help, though.. Lots of patches of this tough green algae and its growing in between the polyps of my acans. The one on the left is doing great but the middle and bottom are obviously not. Should I dip them or let it run its course?

Unfortunately most of the SPS I added died. The Stylophora went ghost white overnight - I think it was getting too much flow. All the acropora except the "green hulk" slowly lost their tissue and turned brown. The montiporas just lost their color and turned brown. Im not sure what im doing wrong as my parameters are stable and I adjusted lighting slowly over two weeks.

Need some help!

OP
OP
ReefLab

ReefLab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s been a tough few months reefing. Polyp bail out everywhere. I lost a Duncan, elegance (my showpiece), frogspawn, lots of acan heads.
I think the cause was too low of phosphate so I’ve been watching it closely and I’ve started dosing Red Sea reef energy
Another possibility is tin present on my ICP test. I’m handling that with water changes and I switched from brightwell salt back to TMP.. hoping that goes away.
Last thing I’m doing is managing minor and trace elements. Namely zinc, manganese, vanadium, and iodine.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 37 82.2%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.4%
Back