One More fish???

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Have a 15 gallon tank with 5 gallon sump. Current stocking is 2 clowns, 1 bicolor blenny, 1 coral banded shrimp (plus 1 nem, 3 snails, 4-5 hermits, and corals). I felt like this was a good final stocking, and my filtration and water change schedule SEEMS to be keeping nutrients under control. . .

That said, I am taking my bicolor blenny back to the store tomorrow as he started eating some SPS corals (my fault as I clearly did not do enough research to know comb tooth blennys can eat corals). I am sad because this fish has big personality. . .

should I just stick with the 2 clowns or do I try another fish? If you vote add 1 more fish, what would you suggest.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
You sure can and I would not go anything larger than a dwarf angel but you can do cherub angel, banggai cardinal, firefish goby, diadema or similar basslet

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I would love a cherub, but dont they need like 55+ gallons?
No. They get maybe 2"
Many sources say 55 gallon as recommended for placement of hiding and grazing locations , yet state the same for flame and coral beauty which get a little larger
I had a Cherub in a 20g drop off tank and did just fine. When I sold tank to go to a larger drop off, The buyer who drove 6 hours Begged me to sell it to him and I gave in

Back