One of a kind series: Blastomussa

Michigan Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, this is a series asking for help deciding the best coral of each type to place into my 14 gallon nano aquarium. With a limited space, i'd like the best looking coral of its type for this small mixed reef tank. Not most expensive coral, but the best looking coral.

The tank is a 14 gallon NUVO fusion peninsula style with little rock work to allow for coral growth. Current species are Rasta and Fruit Loop Zoanthids, and a couple of Acans without names.

The next piece i'm thinking of adding is a Blastomussa coral. I've only seen a handful of different color variations at my LFS and frag swaps, but asking in your opinion what is the best looking Blastomussa? If you could only have one in your tank, which one would it be?

Pics of your favorites would be very helpful and vendors that carry them. If anyone is looking to sell on here, i'm also interested. I'll upload pics of my setup soon.

Thank you in advance. I'll keep this going for each type of coral i'll be adding to the tank.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The best looking blasto is... the one that catches your eye. Sometimes this will be the most or least expensive. Honestly, there's really no wrong answer. But since I assume you're talking about new coral, the adage applies: buy what you can afford to replace. Good luck in your quest!

OP
OP
Michigan Reefer

Michigan Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The best looking blasto is... the one that catches your eye. Sometimes this will be the most or least expensive. Honestly, there's really no wrong answer. But since I assume you're talking about new coral, the adage applies: buy what you can afford to replace. Good luck in your quest!
I eventually will pick the best looking one by my eye, but looking for suggestions for whats out there. Like I said, i've only seen a couple variations, green face with purpleish rim tentacles, or a bright neon green face with a red rim. Anybody have a rare or unusual variation for sale?

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back