One of my Goniporas will not open!?!?

WinterHarkins

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a lot of other corals from euphyllia to zoas ect. Everything else is open and happy. I keep my KH as close to 8 as possible. Ph is a stable 8.15.
Even my other Gonipora is open.

What do you guys think?

44D2700C-E226-45B8-8530-9D381C61E6AA.jpeg BCA33310-8BD6-4290-8423-5015D9DAAA18.png

OP
OP
WinterHarkins

WinterHarkins

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oops. This is my most recent data.

Attachments

• DB49CD5B-CDBC-41FF-BEE1-9A9F701ECCEB.png
    DB49CD5B-CDBC-41FF-BEE1-9A9F701ECCEB.png
    133.1 KB · Views: 28

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These corals are very picky tbh i have some that are awesome and thriving in one area and some that dont work in the same area. Flow and lighting play a huge part. Tbh i know some very experienced reefers that cant even keep gonis in there tanks no matter what they do or where they put it and have huge success with everything else...amd i mean everything else...its finding that sweetspot for each particular one....hope it all works out

Matt Bravo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, pretty old thread haha. Anyway I find my flowerpots take the longest to adjust to a new tank. All the other corals are great and growing while these gonis would just remain closed for weeks on end. The longest I’ve had one close was for about 2 and 1/2 months. Now it’s doing great and growing new polyps too. I would just give it time and make sure you aren’t blasting it with too much light/flow as well

Chela101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These corals are very picky tbh i have some that are awesome and thriving in one area and some that dont work in the same area. Flow and lighting play a huge part. Tbh i know some very experienced reefers that cant even keep gonis in there tanks no matter what they do or where they put it and have huge success with everything else...amd i mean everything else...its finding that sweetspot for each particular one....hope it all works out
I found that out too, because I have a laffy taffy Goni/ but now they called bernardpora I think that’s how you spell it lol. But the laffy taffy one opened up quickly in my tank in a certain spot.. and once I got this new Goni called Superman ( nice bright pink/red one) and I moved the laffy taffy to out the Superman in the position, the laffy taffy doesn’t open up anymore in the new spot I have it now… so I had to move it back to its original spot, and the Superman hasn’t open, at all. I can see his flower head or polyp just show up a tiny bit out it’s skeleton… and i haven’t seen it melt or loose color.. so I’m hoping it doesn’t die…

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back