One of my hobbies of my hobby!

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Photography is something that I have recently gotten into. I consider it an extension of reefing, and like to share it just as much. This is part of my Walt Disney Acropora Tenius mini colony. It was shot on a Canon eos 2000d. (Basically a Canon t7 Rebel)

20220730055531_IMG_3586~2.jpg

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to love macro photography but it was before I got into reefing. I used to spend mornings crawling around shooting little critters in the grass and out in the woods. I saw so much cool stuff. Once I watch a wasp using its legs to remove a few drop from it eye trying to dry off so it could fly. Even ended up with poison ivy on my stomach once:rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: sorry just reminiscing. I've been out of the photo hobby for a several years but have an old nikon dslr laying around. I really should look around for a used macro lens especially now that I have a tank growing out a bunch of sps frags. Phone pics are mediocre at best. Thanks for the inspiration.

OP
OP
Reefer Matt

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to love macro photography but it was before I got into reefing. I used to spend mornings crawling around shooting little critters in the grass and out in the woods. I saw so much cool stuff. Once I watch a wasp using its legs to remove a few drop from it eye trying to dry off so it could fly. Even ended up with poison ivy on my stomach once:rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: sorry just reminiscing. I've been out of the photo hobby for a several years but have an old nikon dslr laying around. I really should look around for a used macro lens especially now that I have a tank growing out a bunch of sps frags. Phone pics are mediocre at best. Thanks for the inspiration.
It is really fun and rewarding trying to get that perfect shot, for sure. The best part of reef aquarium photography is that you grow your subject, and you can document your journey along the way. The challenge of both keeps my interest peaked.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is really fun and rewarding trying to get that perfect shot, for sure. The best part of reef aquarium photography is that you grow your subject, and you can document your journey along the way. The challenge of both keeps my interest peaked.
It can be very rewarding. I even progressed to the point I had off camera flashes and umbrellas and did my twin Granddaughters portraits. Very rewarding to walk into someones home and seeing your own shots decorating the walls. I never left home without a camera hoping for that money shot. Even kept a compact in my lunch box lol
My favorite phrase used to be "its all about the lighting".

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back