One of the online stores "borrowed" a photo of my Wrasse :D

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Tumey

Reefer With A Broken Brain ( TBI Survivor )
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably because I posted it on here before. don't remember what thread
It’s pretty disappointing how morals, values and respect are disappearing from humanity. Too many feel they can do whatever they want….. whenever they want to.

Beautiful fish!

Dcal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well if they buy coral wholesale and sell at normal margins they get that money back if they use the money to buy the coral right? doubting myself lol

id say buying their coral with money they gave you is like giving them a discount on using your picture lol
By buying their corals with their money? Nope

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking forward to seeing how this vendor try’s to make things right. Or how they try to justify their actions and avoid doing so. If the second scenario ends up being the course they take, OP would you mind pm’ing me their name. I don’t want to inadvertently support a company with such practices

Tumey

Reefer With A Broken Brain ( TBI Survivor )
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking forward to seeing how this vendor try’s to make things right. Or how they try to justify their actions and avoid doing so. If the second scenario ends up being the course they take, OP would you mind pm’ing me their name. I don’t want to inadvertently support a company with such practices
First post in this thread links to the vendor

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look at the original post. The link of the company is there.

Dcal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
first post

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks a lot, everyone. Will keep you guys updated.

What if they don't respond at all?
Send a follow up in three days and if they don’t respond after that, say you’ll press charges or something even if you don’t want to. It’ll make them talk. Just be nice about it but try to milk to situation as much as possible

Dcal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bet they wont. And just change pictures.
thats my bet as well. you could take them to court if you really wanted to since you have evidence and im sure some lawyers on here could give better advice than me

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m curious how & where they got ahold of your pic?
Any pic posted on R2R winds up on google images. For example, when I look up “Fluval Evo 13.5”, I sometimes see images of my own aquarium. It’s just how the web works I guess....
When this site owner looked up “blue star leopard wrasse”, they probably picked the best looking google photo, which was likely this one. What I’m wondering is how poor their wrasse looks for them to not post an honest pic of it....

Dcal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive seen some stores using pictures of my dragon eel without asking. Doesnt really bother me unless they say its wysiwyg
if i was in ur position id just ask for credit to ur ig or some sort of discount code

Dcal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thats my bet as well. you could take them to court if you really wanted to since you have evidence and im sure some lawyers on here could give better advice than me
@LegalReefer hows my legal advice lol

Back