One of the online stores "borrowed" a photo of my Wrasse :D

TheDragonsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if i was in ur position id just ask for credit to ur ig or some sort of discount code
If it was a popular site maybe id talk to them but the couple ive seen use them ive never heard of. They both seem like scam sites too since theyre both labeled as freshwater. Not too many listings for dragon eels so its easy to find them.

The second and third pic here are mine

And this ones mine

Dcal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it was a popular site maybe id talk to them but the couple ive seen use them ive never heard of. They both seem like scam sites too since theyre both labeled as freshwater. Not too many listings for dragon eels so its easy to find them.

The second and third pic here are mine

And this ones mine
and says captive bred which i dont think has been done yet?

JCM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any pic posted on R2R winds up on google images. For example, when I look up “Fluval Evo 13.5”, I sometimes see images of my own aquarium. It’s just how the web works I guess....
When this site owner looked up “blue star leopard wrasse”, they probably picked the best looking google photo, which was likely this one. What I’m wondering is how poor their wrasse looks for them to not post an honest pic of it....

Not defending the company but they aren't exactly easy to photograph. I'm not sure its an indictment on the health of their fish.

I'd think my picture being used was kind of cool but I'd definitely try to get some free stuff out of the deal.

monkeyCmonkeyDo

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had an ebay seller.using a.pic.once.of.my.fts.of.a.20L.so he could.sell.par38 bulbs. Lol.
I contacted but when i mentioned getting.something.out.of.it. nothing.
Lol
If u post it.to the intrenet with out a.water.mark.its a.ffa imo.
D

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Just found out my Bluestar Wrasse is "up for sale" by a random store online. So now I'm thinking, how do I ship my wrasse if someone buys her? Will the store contact me? Hahahah

20210618_095250.jpg
You can start adding a watermark to your photos.

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d definitely be proud to have one of my fish used on a website, but probably wouldn’t pass up the potential for free/discounted stuff. However, I have a feeling they’d just replace the photo...

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Just found out my Bluestar Wrasse is "up for sale" by a random store online. So now I'm thinking, how do I ship my wrasse if someone buys her? Will the store contact me? Hahahah

20210618_095250.jpg
Welp. XD

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Send them an INVOICE for $250 for using your copyrighted photograph saying non payment will invoke you opening a Case with their local Better Business Bureau and their Chamber of Commerce

iI believe there's ppwrk you can use out on LegalZoom

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's what I believe is the Legal form for Copyrighted material.... link below

You were the photographer so you own the copyright to the image

This is an offense bc they are making money off your photograph. If your image appear in non-commercial literature, hard to control. But since it's an image directly tied to a for-profit sale(s)....I'd go after them. I'd go as far as requesting an Accouting of Sales and charge them for it

Last edited:

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not saying this vendor is appropriate to use this photo; however I dont think there is any real legal case here. When you post a personal photo on R2R you have essentially gave ownership of that photo to R2R(you agreed to those terms when you signed up). R2R may have a case, but I dont think any of us posters do.

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not saying this vendor is appropriate to use this photo; however I dont think there is any real legal case here. When you post a personal photo on R2R you have essentially gave ownership of that photo to R2R(you agreed to those terms when you signed up). R2R may have a case, but I dont think any of us posters do.
Wrong... go out and download hi res images of Celebrities from Photographers.

Offer a service where you take the images and print out nice 8x10 glossys for sale. Say $20 a Print

See how long your biz lasts b4 lawsuits.

Dcal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oooo time to dig into TOS of r2r

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol no it is quite correct.

Fyi here is a quote of what you agreed to when you made your account. It is quite clear.

"When you create an account to use the forums here you are agreeing to abide by the rules and user agreement of Reef2Reef. All data entered as post, photos, attachments, belong to Reef2Reef."

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oooo time to dig into TOS of r2r

I have read their ToS and it is pretty standard so not saying it is something bad, but most similar sites have the same restrictions. In some cases you actually agree to make the images public domain(as with some photo sharing sites)...in other like here you agree to give up ownership of that photo.

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol no it is quite correct.

Fyi here is a quote of what you agreed to when you made your account. It is quite clear.

"When you create an account to use the forums here you are agreeing to abide by the rules and user agreement of Reef2Reef. All data entered as post, photos, attachments, belong to Reef2Reef."

R2R is not selling your images nor using them for-profit

Plz quit guesstimating what you think you know

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 43.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back