One of the RAREST FISH IN THE WORLD! AVAILABLE @ REEF PRO!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef Pro

Reef Pro Complete --> Reefprostore.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the RAREST FISH IN THE WORLD! AVAILABLE @ REEF PRO!! STAY TUNED
Bladefin-Basslet-Jeboehlkia-gladifer.jpg

@Reef Builders

Frostblitz20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
such a small fish would be afraid to keep something like that worth so much. Maybe some day someone will get lucky with a pair and be able to start to capture spawn these.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Isn't it amazing how rare and expensive doesn't necessarily mean attractive. Of course I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
I couldn't imagine spending that much on a fish, plus I'd die a little inside every time someone visits my house and fascinates over the $15 "Nemo" while the $8,000 fish swam by without even being noticed.

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Isn't it amazing how rare and expensive doesn't necessarily mean attractive. Of course I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
I couldn't imagine spending that much on a fish, plus I'd die a little inside everyone someone visits my house and fascinates over the $15 "Nemo" while the $8,000 fish swam by without even being noticed.
So true!

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen platys in the freshwater section of petco for $2 that look pretty similar to the second fish, minus that one long dorsal spine. Sorry but I don't think either of the fish are pretty. I can appreciate the rarity of them though, and I could understand someone buying them for the rarity, but not for the looks.
What makes them so rare? Are they just not commonly seen in the wild or is it something like the peppermint angel where the location they live at is hard to get to?

OP
OP
Reef Pro

Reef Pro

Reef Pro Complete --> Reefprostore.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen platys in the freshwater section of petco for $2 that look pretty similar to the second fish, minus that one long dorsal spine. Sorry but I don't think either of the fish are pretty. I can appreciate the rarity of them though, and I could understand someone buying them for the rarity, but not for the looks.
What makes them so rare? Are they just not commonly seen in the wild or is it something like the peppermint angel where the location they live at is hard to get to?
This specimen was collect in Curacao at over 800 ft via submarine.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Idk I think he’s cute but man… if he was 800 ft down via sub… he probably won’t know what a BTA is and swim right into it or something!

I imagine bright reef lighting would be annoying for him.

Would make a interesting species tank with dim lighting and maybe some sun corals for a little pop.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, when a submarine has to be involved in the collection of a fish I can see why it's rare and demands a large price tag.

I was looking at them online and it's rare to find one for sale. The most recent that I saw was several years ago. From what I see online $8000 is actually a really good price.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Idk I think he’s cute but man… if he was 800 ft down via sub… he probably won’t know what a BTA is and swim right into it or something!

I imagine bright reef lighting would be annoying for him.

Would make a interesting species tank with dim lighting and maybe some sun corals for a little pop.
I think you're right that this is one of those fish that you make the tank match what it needs, instead of the other way around.

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unique fish. I would imagine at that depth, the dorsal spine almost looks like it could be similar to that of the deep water angler fish that use it as a light

paintman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So if this fish is commonly found in 800ft. of water will it survive in a tank that is only 30" at best? fools and their money.

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So if this fish is commonly found in 800ft. of water will it survive in a tank that is only 30" at best? fools and their money.
Yea barotrauma is a real thing to consider when capturing fish at those depths. My swallow tail was caught around 1-200 feet.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back