ONE thing I'll do to be a better reefer in 2021..

Will you set personal reefing goals and resolutions for 2021?

• YES (tell us what in the thread)

Votes: 54 69.2%
  • NO

Votes: 23 29.5%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters

Alan Sunshine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My goal is to rid my tank of phosphates and establish an new equilibrium as I try to add some SPS corals to my tank. Wish me luck, the more I look into my tank the more I have to fix. Covid affect!!!?

ReefRondo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Taking things slowly and not rushing into anything. My new tank build will take months to compete and I’ve been sourcing equipment for it since this summer. Will be well worth it in the end.

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hoping to successfully expand to a frag system (finances in place for this) and a 80/110 X High predator tank (depends on continuing OT through next year.

Mlawrence

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Continue educating myself. After 3 years I realize I'm nowhere close to where I want to be in knowledge. I researched for well over a year before I even dove in on my first tank. And have been following many of your advice. While i do feel comfortable with some things, fixing problems is another story. I want to be better prepared for issues, that includes a stricter QT for all my livestock.

PS: You all suck, you have cost me a fortune by posting these gorgeous tanks and fish!!!! Hahahahaha

20201222_193754.jpg

Sunshine3387

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A New Year usually means some new resolutions and new goals. But what about as a saltwater reef aquarium hobbyist? What have you learned that you want to be better at in 2021? Let's talk about that!

What's ONE thing you can improve on to be a better reefer in 2021?

bigstock-Happy-New-Year----Written--392579444.jpg
In 2021 I am going to do a better job of listening to advice from other reefers. Ask questions if I'm not 100% sure, before making a huge mistake.

Dbichler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m finally finished stocking fish for my tank so hopefully not have to buy anything other than cuc for my tank. Going to get better at not tinkering on the tank. Just let it go natural.

Austin456

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Start to use GFO or Carbon to fight algae and protect against chemical warfare, ( I haven’t used these before because I have a some what small tank)

Landers

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to make sure I test when I say I’m going to test (weekly for right now) and I need to get my phosphates down. I‘m pretty sure I was on the verge of a serious algae outbreak before I did a huge water change and turned my lights out for three days about a week ago. Now I’m too scared to have any white lights on whatsoever.

tony'stank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After nearly 40 years with reef tanks my goal is just to keep my reef healthy and thriving. As I get older and a cancer diagnosis that is enough of a challenge

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 29.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back