One thing you would like to upgrade or change and why...

Is there something you would like to upgrade or change about your reef?

• YES (answer the questions in the thread)

Votes: 286 86.4%
  • No it's fine like it is

Votes: 45 13.6%

• Total voters

ReefGeezer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is always something! Personally, I'd like to upgrade my lights. I have two Rapid LED Onyx LED fixtures over my 90. Not terrible but I would like to get rid the shadows and get the light from each LED a little better distributed. Always liked T5's but hated bulb replacement expense. Maybe I'll add a couple DIY T5s and change optics in the LEDs.

Amps Reef Life

That Fish Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably remove all my sand. I have one BB tank and another with sand. Man the BB tank is so easy to clean up.

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was able to tie in the voltage of the fish feeder into a programmable 4 head dosing pump and the only issue I'm having is the slot where the food comes out gets clogged up every 6 hours so I need to buy a better, different fish feeder very soon that's the only issue I'm having with my Reef aquarium this time.

Last edited:

PiscesPower

People protect what they love. - J. Cousteau
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to add a T5 hybrid to go with my Hydra 26's on both tanks. Would be a spendy proposition right now. Other than that I'm pretty happy with things. I like the new Giessmann solution. It has a nice looking mount.

MombasaLionfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to upgrade my bank accounts!

This hobby has so much great new equipment, beautiful corals and spectacular fish. I really wish money was less of an issue.
Same here.
1. more fish [only have two]
2. 5x bigger tank [60gl now]
3. get sea dragon
4. get octopus
5. bigger sump
6.oh wait were we only supposed to chose one thing?

JDtimk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe a larger cal rx, still not totally sure I need it. Also mainly for my tank to grow more beautiful acros! That’s right. It’s my tank’s fault. Nothing to do with my skill at growing beautiful acros! lol.

gfox

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to go back to Halide lighting with LED,but i don't want to deal with the heat in the summer months.

FishyDP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to upgrade the size of my tank, even though I just did from 125 to 180. Always wanted an 8 foot 300g+ tank. I do not see any way to do it for less than 10k, can't justify the purchase, right now. Also want a chiller, so I can put coral tanks in my garage. This great hobby costs money.

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bigger sump looking at MRC, additonal 360x, apex for monitoring only(trident specifically), redo my plumbing to a herbie and maybe incoorporate apex flow sensors on my pipes,plumb in a frag tank.

If trident isn’t out by May I’m abandoning all hope that it will ever come out lol. I’m tired of being let down, it really isn’t fun.

Dustin A.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to kill off all the aiptasia in my shark tank.

JDnKY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to change my drain from Durso/Gurgle buster to at least Herbie. I think that’s the biggest mistake I’ve made so far.

Sarlindescent

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You all think too small... I want to own a house so I don't have to configure things in a way that is easy to move. Then I want to design the basement with floor drains, a filtration room, and room to plumb in a massive frag tank too the main system. Then get a tank that is 16ft long, not sure on the other dimensions yet. Just have a few hundred K to go till I get there.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 34.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 15.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back