One thing you would like to upgrade or change and why...

Is there something you would like to upgrade or change about your reef?

• YES (answer the questions in the thread)

Votes: 286 86.4%
  • No it's fine like it is

Votes: 45 13.6%

• Total voters

roger.baltayan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd want my tank to have a built in overflow instead of hob overflow box..
Also I'd like to double my tank size. But that means more upgrades.

Midrats

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like a rim on my rimless tank. I hate seeing the dirty water line.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I said I'd like a giant TANK - WELL. . . . . . . . . . My 660g was paid for today and it is a go. Just waiting on shipper which I believe I just found and can have it as soon as THIS weekend

ShawnSaucier

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This hobby is always evolving and changing. Equipment changes, theories and methods change, our minds change and so on!

What is one thing you would upgrade or change right now if you could?

Tell us why!

20170302_154506.jpg

image via @Detlev

I would like to upgrade my whole system to a much larger display. Everyday I’m loosing more room as things grow..

Joshua Kerstetter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you have for lights? Also, I’ve seen some extremely nice tanks that only dose 2-part because of how precise it is. Calcium reactors can require a lot of tinkering, not to mention a lot more initial cost to get the same results as 2-part. They do have their advantages in the long run as far as cost goes and especially on very large systems, but on a smaller tank (less than 100 gallons) I would rather go with a $60 jebao doser and $50 worth of BRS packets. I eventually went with the calcium reactor simply for the long term cost savings.
DsunY lights, started with 3. now at 6 panels. They're bright enough, but really don't have a great color spread, I had a friend over with a par meter where we checked all this out. I'm getting healthy coral, but nothing outstanding nor alot of growth, still dialing in my Jaebo doser and keeping up with maintenance.

Crustaceon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DsunY lights, started with 3. now at 6 panels. They're bright enough, but really don't have a great color spread, I had a friend over with a par meter where we checked all this out. I'm getting healthy coral, but nothing outstanding nor alot of growth, still dialing in my Jaebo doser and keeping up with maintenance.

I had three galaxy hydro (165w, 55 leds) lights (with sbreeflights boards) over my system for the first year it was up and had good color but little growth. I switched to t5 and my alk consumption nearly doubled and growth took off. Intensity is one thing, but it has to have the right spectrum to go with it. The really funny thing is that years ago, I had a nice acro colony growing like crazy under a finnex ray II (white/blue). Of course the light was about 6” away from it but still... I swear LEDs are hit-or-miss and I try to judge fixtures by how often people have success with them, regardless of whether they are inexpensive or barf-inducing expensive.

Purpletank

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have always had AIO tanks. Would like to upgrade to a little bigger tank with an”real sump”. But for the 14g I would like to add an AWC system.

Back