One thing you would like to upgrade or change and why...

Is there something you would like to upgrade or change about your reef?

• YES (answer the questions in the thread)

Votes: 286 86.4%
  • No it's fine like it is

Votes: 45 13.6%

• Total voters

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This hobby is always evolving and changing. Equipment changes, theories and methods change, our minds change and so on!

What is one thing you would upgrade or change right now if you could?

Tell us why!

20170302_154506.jpg

image via @Detlev

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a hobby, not a project. There is no 'done'.

I'm wiring up a DIY motorized ball valve to add a layer of redundancy to my mixing station fill process.

When that's done, I'll find something else. This summer, I'll make a trip to TL Reefs or The Reef Rack and see about adding a clam or two.

Always something.

reacclimating 2 the hobby

patience is... oh look an acro pack fs!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like the tank in the picture lol.

I'd like to add some flow to the dead spots I've discovered, thinking a couple more gyres. Build a canopy and re-organize wiring/electronic area. Lastly finish my AWC that is currently made up of brute cans.

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not really an upgrade, more of an addition but I’d like to add a nice acrylic and screen lid so I can add some wrasses to my tank

velvetelvis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want a new heater. I'm considering adding an HOB refugium. And I'd like to find a third MP40 secondhand, because my blue ridge corals love flow--the more the better.

sde1500

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha, One....
Checklist for this year:
  • Connecting RODI directly into the NSW and top off refill tanks, and installing float switches to reduce my need to monitor filling of the tanks.
  • Putting a small pump into the top off refill tank and plumb it to the NSW tank to speed up mixing new saltwater when needed.
  • Swapping out the two outlets I use for GFCI (I know I know)
  • Cleaning up the mess of wires going to the two surge protectors by utilizing a DJ switch box to hide them all within the stand.
  • Also maybe add some rock and change up the aquascape a bit to open new areas for some more SPS corals, that is a big maybe though.

PDR

<°)))>{
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to get some additional lighting, either another kessil or add some t5’s. I also wouldn’t mind a controller so I could automate my daily water changes and have something better for temp control.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I desinged the stand I did not leave room for larger controller modules. The brand I went with is no longer making their systems. The other brands have a larger foot print for their modules which will make it hard to upgrade to the other brands with the limited space in the stand.

Bryce M.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I would change:
GETTING A STOCK REEF TANK
What I want to get/upgrade.
sump
calc reactor
chillers and fans
overflow
APEX full system(next buy)
Algae scrubber
Skimmer
UV sterilizer
and a finished cabinet. Started with a simple plain tank, made a quick hallow stand for it and called it a day, then I got corals, man then I got coral. That's when it all went wrong. Thousands of dollars poured into it wrong, but wrong in a good way.

webmanny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to go bigger, but keep the costs the same they are now. Is there a way to do that? LOL I know, but one can dream.

Since this is not possible, I would like a system that measures calcium, alk, magnesium, nitrates, low range phosphates, etc. In real time without reagents. Is that available? LOL Oh come on!!!

Back