• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Online vendor not honoring their DOA Policy. What to do

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

LosReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need some suggestions.

So I decided to go crazy and order a Chicago Sunburst as center piece for my 300. I paid $800 after a good sale and delivery was set for a Friday. I got a message from UPS that there was a sorting issue and delivery was rescheduled for Monday. I emailed the vendor as soon as I got the message. I didn't receive a response.

The anemone arrives early Monday morning and it was soup. I emailed the vendor again with the pic following the DOA policy. No response.

I emailed again with potential options instead of a refund. Depending on his response, I was going to cover half or buy some more coral as it wasn't either of our fault, but he ghosted me.

I sent another email asking why he's leaving me hanging and he responded with a replacement was on the way. Haven't heard from him since. Shady!! It's been 3 weeks and I'm out $800.

20201019_073706.jpg 20201019_170431.jpg

OP
OP
L

LosReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you paid with a credit card, call them and fill them in and have them do a charge back. They'll investigate and either get the company back to the table to rectify the situation or you'll get your $$$ back.
It was through PayPal but I'll do the same. Thanks

OP
OP
L

LosReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The late delivery may not be covered in doa policy.
It is no fault of the online fish store.
I stupidly ordered a fish last holiday season, it arrived a week late as soup. Vendor was nice enough to replace the $60 fish, I repaid shipping.
They made it clear, it was not their policy.
I even offered take replacement with other coral on the site. I figured if he replaced with another anemone, I would buy the other coral also. If he gave me those coral, I would have bought the other sunburst eventually. I really wanted it. I rescaped my tank for this anemone. I was waiting to see if he was going to honor his end of the deal before I forked out a bunch more money. I'm not rich but the situation sucked and I was willing to meet half way.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
As the vendor in this transaction has now been named, we have moved the thread to vendor feedback in accordance with site policy. Outside comments are not permitted in feedback regarding a negative transaction in order to facilitate communication between the buyer and seller, so a number of outside comments have been removed from the thread. It is our sincere hope that a resolution can be reached between the 2 parties with regard to this unfortunate situation.

OP
OP
L

LosReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As the vendor in this transaction has now been named, we have moved the thread to vendor feedback in accordance with site policy. Outside comments are not permitted in feedback regarding a negative transaction in order to facilitate communication between the buyer and seller, so a number of outside comments have been removed from the thread. It is our sincere hope that a resolution can be reached between the 2 parties with regard to this unfortunate situation.
No problem. I wasn't really trying to troll or anything like that, but I also think it's important to educate the community when people take advantage. I wasn't aware of the policy and I understand going forward. I got the answer for disputing payment that I was looking for. That's why I was willing to become a paying member. This community is great and very helpful! Thanks

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No problem. I wasn't really trying to troll or anything like that, but I also think it's important to educate the community when people take advantage. I wasn't aware of the policy and I understand going forward. I got the answer for disputing payment that I was looking for. That's why I was willing to become a paying member. This community is great and very helpful! Thanks
Absolutely no problem at all, and please don't think I or any of the staff thought you were trolling at all! I am so sorry that you're having to work through this unpleasant situation. I really hope you and Rainbow Reef Corals are able to come to a good solution. It does sound like you're working on this the right way by reaching out to them and then seeking resolution through PayPal.

OP
OP
L

LosReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing. I sent one last email before posting the complaint to PayPal. Hoping that it works out. We'll see.

OP
OP
L

LosReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree. This was a sorting issue, but I'm definitely staying local if I do pick up anything this winter. I had some high end torches get delayed 3 days last year. The UPS driver told me that he could only find one of my boxes too. Lol. I was already freaking out. He showed back up after 4pm. Torches made it and they're still going strong. I've mostly had success online. Nothing like this situation.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back