Online VS In Store

Hermey

Official R2R Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
Which is your favorite way to shop for the holiday seasons?
Do you prefer the comfort of your home, or do you like to go out and actually see and check out what your buying.
And where is your favorite store or website to holiday shop?

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
I shop more from where I would shop at all year long. Most of the time for me that means online, so during the holidays I shop even more online.

leahfiish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I do a bit of both. I work at my lfs so I get most of my regular supplies and a lot of impulse coral buys from there but sometimes I'm itching to try a new pump or coral food that my store doesn't carry yet, or I want a specific "named" coral that would be hard to find at my lfs.

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Depends on what I am looking for.
We have a LFS that quarantines and pre treats as well as one that does not. Both are very close so I would try them for any fish. If they don't have what I am looking for or couldn't get it I would go online.
Coral mostly the live sales on here or local swaps. The lfs quality and prices are not good on corals.
Gear, test kits, salt etc online esp this time of years the deals seem to be amazing.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
I don't mind shopping at LFS, BUT, , , ,BUT - I must consider the best price to me and if the LFS is a dollar or 3 dollars cheaper, I am looking at a 2 hr round trip plus $8-9 in fuel. It then only makes sense to have it delivered to my door with cost savings

hotdrop

View Badges
Reaction score
I honestly can’t remember the last time I went to a retail store and they had something I wanted and they actually had it in stock. Sometimes I go to see what I might order from the internet but even then it’s probably still not in stock and I’m disappointed.
Last week I visited my local fish stores to buy turbo snails, nope none in stock, but I did use it to look at what Frags I want to buy next, honestly everything looked so sad and sick except in the display/show tanks.

Last edited:

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Which is your favorite way to shop for the holiday seasons?
Do you prefer the comfort of your home, or do you like to go out and actually see and check out what your buying.
And where is your favorite store or website to holiday shop?
I prefer to get out touch, feel, smell and interact with people.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
I do a bit of both. Really depends on what I'm looking for, if it's reef drygoods related, most of my shopping is online, livestock fish wise is in store, coral, online. Most electronics I purchase online except for larger purchases. So it really does depend...

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I shop online almost always. My wife will pick up something she sees throughout the year in stores.

I do like going downtown during the season just to see the decorations, enjoy a nice lunch and people watch. Get all nostaligic hearing "Silver Bells" and "Sleigh Ride" when I'm walking down a city street decorated for Christmas.

Back