Online VS In Store

ccejka

View Badges
Reaction score
Personally I try to shop as much as I can with local retailers in anything I do. I know I can save some money when I shop online but when it comes time for your kids sports team, or you are part of a group that is doing some type of fundraising/advertising who do you go to small retailers. So why not show them support during the year.

Everyone in my area complains when a small shop they used to go to browse or kill time in closes and I remind them they closed because you would browse then order it only to save 10 bucks.

Just my .02 on online vs small business

EBNewbie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I prefer to shop online but would 100% purchase local if their prices wouldn't be above MSRP(!). Now that sales tax apply to out of State purchases, I thought it would direct people to their LFS more but the LFS around me aren't that competitive. I buy fish from them but anything dry comes from BRS. It's really a shame because, with minimum prices and sales tax on BRS orders, they'd get 100% of my business... Instead, by going above MSRP, they are an "emergency" outlet for dry goods at best. They will match but it's a hassle to price match everything. The markup is usually 25-30% over MSRP

hotdrop

View Badges
Reaction score
For fish or coral I want it as close to the source as possible. I want those directly from the farm and no middle man so always online or local grower.

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
I would prefer local, because I would like to see the fish/coral/ect. However there’s only one store local and well, they don’t have coral, put their “live” rock in the indoor pond and then this is the only marine tank they have now. It speaks for itself.

so now online all the way. :/
E2618A67-64FB-4CDD-AC49-22D290A150CD.jpeg

NinnJinn

View Badges
Reaction score
Up until a few years ago, I always shopped local...al

But it got to the point where what I wanted I had to order it. Then got to the point where I could save 20+% percent by ordering vs LFS, then LFS that deals in saltwater became almost a 4hr round trip.

Now as for buying non reef Christmas items, I strictly shopped local until last year.

Walmart, Target, etc seemed to be understaffed and it got to the point where the shoppers were so rude and inconsiderate it just kind of ruined the Christmas shopping spirit for me. I'm not talking about Black Friday or Thanksgiving night sales. I mean Saturday after Thanksgiving leading up to Christmas.

I did some online ordering last year and I am hooked!!!!

Except for Ammunition for my hunting family members, ALL my shopping is ONLINE!!!!

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
They have drones now. I had the parts to build an Xbox 1X flown here last week. Youd know that if you got out of the office and managed us once and a while!
You may not want him to come and "supervise". He'll probably tell you that you are doing it all wrong

TN_Huskymama

View Badges
Reaction score
I like both! It really depends on what I am shopping for. I don’t care for crowds though so my store shopping will be quickly coming to a halt till after the holiday season lol

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back