OP
OP
Jivatma

Jivatma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An update for both of you since its been a week.

20210802_164201.jpg

Sorry for solar flare. Lol. NH3 still sky high via API kit. NO2 shows 0. NO3 could be 0-5.0.

Ive been running sock and skimmer for a week and cloudiness has gotten much better. I do have some microbubbles from skimmer however.

Plan for now is just stay the course and let the tank do its thing. Meanwhile, I'm collecting gear for QT and water mixing station.

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i would wait it out another week because the bacteria might still be populating, if the ammonia is still showing sky high/unreadable results after that it might be time for a large 30% water change to take out some excess ammonia and give the bacteria a better chance.

BostonReefer300

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking a lot clearer! The high ammonia reading is puzzling. Maybe something's wrong with the test or perhaps you've got something in there confounding the results. In any case, if your temp and salinity are good, I'd vote for dumping a bottle of biospira or the like in there and then just consider yourself instant cycled. You've got plenty of rock and sand in there for bacterial surface colonization. With the bottled bacteria stuff, the old days of waiting a month for your tank to cycle is history.

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If going for another bottle i would use fritzyme 9 or 900 over other products, just seems to work well ime

OP
OP
Jivatma

Jivatma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some Salifert tests on order just in case my tests are bad. I know API isnt the most consistent brand.

I dont mind waiting a little while than usual as my LFS that i use is about an hour drive. Dont wanna be driving that every week! Lol

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back