Opinion on Brook and Ich-X

Fastpitch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am running three fish through quarantine. I just finished up copper for suspected ich and have now transferred to a second quarantine after 14 days. A day later I am seeing brook on the foxface. I dont have a ruby reef rally nor any 37% formalin on hand and know brook is a fast killer. I think a dip would just be temporary so I am reluctant to stress the fish and have to follow up with meds anyway. So I decided to dose ich x formaldehyde. My question is has anyone had any success dosing ichx into QT for brook. Also are there any thoughts about also dosing metro at the same time as ichx.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you confident in your diagnosis? I’ve never seen Brooklynella on a fox face before. Ich-X should work, but does the bottle give an indication as to the bottle concentration?
Jay

OP
OP
Fastpitch

Fastpitch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you confident in your diagnosis? I’ve never seen Brooklynella on a fox face before. Ich-X should work, but does the bottle give an indication as to the bottle concentration?
Jay
Yes. I am confident. The fish is shedding white spot mucous. Not sure it could be anything else but brook. The bottle shows ~5% formaldahyde with .1% malachite green. I know it is not 37% but dont want to overdose the med either. Not sure if adding metro would be a toxic combination.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 120 58.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 30.2%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 74 36.1%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 34 16.6%
  • Other

Votes: 61 29.8%
Back