Opinions on aquascape

Betex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this is the first aquascape I took my time to build and I’m looking for any opinions and/or ideas if there is any room for improvement

This is going on a new cda 72x30x24 225g tank. I will create a build thread when I have an eta on delivery but wanted to start getting rocks all cycled and ready.

the only but I’m unsure about is the stand alone rocks in middle areas but was thinking of zoas and other corals that I don’t want spreading.

Also attaching my current tank to see why space in front middle is empty as that torch is going in front. All rock work stays at midway or lower to allow growth of sps. ED25204D-DA97-46DD-813C-FAB7C2F0D907.jpeg

3F3AE788-4105-4400-9E8C-4DEB768D8679.jpeg

SPS2020

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Can't quite tell how close to the glass you are on the left and right, but I really dig the aquascape. Mine is similar in some respects, but much more minimalist. You'll want to have some room to move and grow on the left and right coming off of the scape.

Logical_Plan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks amazing! I love the clean look.

Some smaller cave structures attached to one or two of the structure might be nice so smaller fish have some hidey holes might be nice. BRS has some suggestions in the HNSA video for making small domes that you can attach to your scape. Making one or two keeps it clean and gives a bit more small fish habitat.

You could also make the dimes for use on the sand bed as a zoa garden rock.

OP
OP
Betex

Betex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't quite tell how close to the glass you are on the left and right, but I really dig the aquascape. Mine is similar in some respects, but much more minimalist. You'll want to have some room to move and grow on the left and right coming off of the scape.
Yeah I gave room for cleaning glass and growth but will also adjust when I have it in the actual tank a bit more. I really wanted minimalist but my wife loves the fishes and wanted plenty of ledges/hiding spots for their comfort.

OP
OP
Betex

Betex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks amazing! I love the clean look.

Some smaller cave structures attached to one or two of the structure might be nice so smaller fish have some hidey holes might be nice. BRS has some suggestions in the HNSA video for making small domes that you can attach to your scape. Making one or two keeps it clean and gives a bit more small fish habitat.

You could also make the dimes for use on the sand bed as a zoa garden rock.
Thats a good idea some mini domes throughout but nothing too big. Thank you

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 33.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 24 20.9%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back