OP
DHill6

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm always surprised to read how many Neo-Therm haters there are. I've never had a problem with one (I think I have 5 in use at the moment and the one in my salt mixing station is probably 8+ years old). They probably have the best warranty on the market and some of the best temp control too. Their instructions state they must to be mounted vertically (which I always do) and I wonder if people who have them fail may be mounting them horizontally.
It was in a sump horizontal, as was the video from BRS years ago showing the same placement. I stood by them myself owning eight of them...50w/150w/200w/300w. I just went with some that can run in any position. What I have left are only going to be used in a water bucket.

tnw50cal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s what I’m probably going to do, just order one. I had one Neotherm in my overflow, pulled it and placed in sump, just in case faster to pull it out. After speaking with BRS rep, heaters are going into the sump, easier to get to. I was looking at their titanium heaters but read they are too hot, not going there.
Yea, it seem athough what ever heater it is for every 9 people that say it great 1 says it's junk, at least from reading the reviews(and I read a lot of them yesterday.

OP
OP
DHill6

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, it seem athough what ever heater it is for every 9 people that say it great 1 says it's junk, at least from reading the reviews(and I read a lot of them yesterday.
I’ve read a lot also

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back