Opinions on Cod fish liver oil?

Zbutcher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey folks,

I was doing some reading recently and came across these posts regarding people soaking there fishes food in the Omega 3 Cod liver oil and also mixing with Selcon or vitachem etc. To be clear, they are soaking DRY FOOD. That's a very important part as we all know oil and water do not mix.

Anyways, these posts were saying they were soaking the dry food in Omega 3 oil and feeding it to there fish and they were reporting it helped there fish immensely in their slime coats and just overall health. I'm genuinely curious if that's true or if there is science behind it or if any of you have tried it? In a way I could see it being effective giving the nature of what our fish eat in the wild and that they are cold blooded and their livers are mostly oil anyways. I would love to hear your input and have a bit of a discussion about it.

I posted here because they were claiming it helped with their ICH issues.

Thanks!

OP
OP
Z

Zbutcher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, tried it. Saw no obvious benefits but there must have been surely.
When you say must have been surely, what makes you say that? Were your fish ill at the time? Did you notice a change in their behavior?

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you say must have been surely, what makes you say that? Were your fish ill at the time? Did you notice a change in their behavior?
Sorry bud absolutely no evidence. Nothing changed with regard to fish health (they were always tip top). I think these oils are a good thing in moderation, combined with an appropriate diet.

OP
OP
Z

Zbutcher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry bud absolutely no evidence. Nothing changed with regard to fish health (they were always tip top). I think these oils are a good thing in moderation, combined with an appropriate diet.
Fair enough my man! Much appreciated. I'm curious if someone with a sick fish or one with ich would notice improvements.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 22.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back