Opinions on my aquascape?

Mrj7

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my first saltwater tank. I’d like to get some opinions on my first try at aquascaping. I bought 20lbs of Carrib Sea Life Rock. I broke up most of the big pieces and used glue/epoxy to make this. Though it might not look like it, I can fit the algae magnet everywhere on the glass.

DAFBFE5F-4933-4D5E-AFAE-B102D0A86A1C.jpeg 828D026D-E2AC-4288-8583-DF850564BF71.jpeg

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it looks good. If I had any suggestions, it would be to add one small rock on the left to increase the height of one side of the scape. I actually used the same rock...very easy to aquascape with.

OP
OP
M

Mrj7

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it looks good. If I had any suggestions, it would be to add one small rock on the left to increase the height of one side of the scape. I actually used the same rock...very easy to aquascape with.
This is exactly what I want to do, I have several rocks left over but none of them seem to fit right. I might have to go hand pick one from my LFS.

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is exactly what I want to do, I have several rocks left over but none of them seem to fit right. I might have to go hand pick one from my LFS.
Don't be afraid to take a hammer and chisel and shape it however you want.....you can hide the broken side on the bottom. I ended up breaking up a lot of my Caribsea Life pieces.

OP
OP
M

Mrj7

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't be afraid to take a hammer and chisel and shape it however you want.....you can hide the broken side on the bottom. I ended up breaking up a lot of my Caribsea Life pieces
All the pieces you see in there have been broken up and glued together. I have 2 rocks I havent broken yet, I may try to make something of them, but going and hand picking a really nice piece may be better.

Weasel1960

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If still working on it I agree with busting up other rocks for added height on left side. Don’t forget corals will eventually hide things. Would suggest sliding it to thr right a little, you may get a glass cleaner in the left side now but will you be able to when there are growing corals over there. Also consider adding a small flat rock out front as an island.

Back