Opinions on my new aquascape please

PghReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I appreciate your input. Do you think theres enough negative space and enough space for the fish to swim between the structures and the front glass?
I do and it's visually interesting. Could do a cool zoa garden style scape with that if you wanted

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks much better to me. Would it be possible to place the tallest piece to the side, rather than the center? I realize your goal is to hide the overflow, but, IMO, placing the largest piece directly in front of it, actually draws your eye right to it.

OP
OP

1fastfxr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks much better to me. Would it be possible to place the tallest piece to the side, rather than the center? I realize your goal is to hide the overflow, but, IMO, placing the largest piece directly in front of it, actually draws your eye right to it.
I understand what your saying, didnt notice till you brought it up. Maybe I can switch it with the structure on the right. Since it's back side is curved to the overflow. Thanks for the suggestion.

HD_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok guys and gals, I took your advice and decided to abandon my original scape in favor of this one. I broke rocks up, added more height to my structures, moved the scape back from the front glass, created more caves, tunnels, swim thrus, and overhangs. I am REALLY HAPPY with this scape. What do you guys think?
This version looks way better to me. If you plan to keep the back glass clean, I'd leaving the spacing as it. If you're going to let coralline grow on it, I'd move the entire structure back some to give more room on the front glass. The overhang on the right hand section is pretty flat on the bottom and would bug me. Maybe glue a small rock to the underside to breakup the straight line some.

OP
OP

1fastfxr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This version looks way better to me. If you plan to keep the back glass clean, I'd leaving the spacing as it. If you're going to let coralline grow on it, I'd move the entire structure back some to give more room on the front glass. The overhang on the right hand section is pretty flat on the bottom and would bug me. Maybe glue a small rock to the underside to breakup the straight line some.
I was thinking about adding a rock to the underside of the overhang when I cement everything together. Good idea and thanks for the input.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 134 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back