Opinions on my rock scape and coral placement!

lubeck

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I order 2 strips what’s necessary for the separate options such as power supply, dimmer and sunset?
Just depends on what you are looking to do. You will only need one power because they can be daisy chained together. If you plan on keeping that setup for a while go with the dimmer and timer.

ShawnM24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks very nice I think. It’s hard to aquascape a smaller tank in my opinion as I am finding out rescaping mine

OP
OP
alvssaxo

alvssaxo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just depends on what you are looking to do. You will only need one power because they can be daisy chained together. If you plan on keeping that setup for a while go with the dimmer and timer.
So I received the order of the strips and got a power supply and dimmer and timer. But I’m confused because the power supply came with an end that doesn’t connect to the lights

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 21
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 17

Firedawg1983

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I received the order of the strips and got a power supply and dimmer and timer. But I’m confused because the power supply came with an end that doesn’t connect to the lights
The 3 pronged end should go into the power supply pack

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks very nice I think. It’s hard to aquascape a smaller tank in my opinion as I am finding out rescaping mine
75 was the smallest I’ve had and with Roughly 100lbs rocks back in the Berlin method days .

now with a 230 and still roughly 1-1.5 lbs per gallon

Duncan62

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's the wire for the second channel. I believe that's a sunsetter controller? If so I'm familiar with them.

Duncan62

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's the wire for the second channel. I believe that's a sunsetter controller? If so I'm familiar with them.
The one hanging loose. The one your holding goes in the supply. The loose one looks supply to the timer. Good luck.

lubeck

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s frustrating getting new stuff and not being able to fire it up. Hopefully they ship it fast. You will love the light.

lubeck

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right? It’s almost here now. But I have a question. How fast did you ramp them up and what did you start with? Like time schedule
You don’t have many corals right? You could start at 50% and be at 100% over 10 days. Keep an eye on your nem and corals But would gu they are going to enjoy the extra par.

your day schedule is Up to you but most keep around 10 hours with an hour ramp in the morning and night.

my lights are on from 7am to 10 pm but the intensity is very low the first 2 and last 2 hours of the day.

OP
OP
alvssaxo

alvssaxo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don’t have many corals right? You could start at 50% and be at 100% over 10 days. Keep an eye on your nem and corals But would gu they are going to enjoy the extra par.

your day schedule is Up to you but most keep around 10 hours with an hour ramp in the morning and night.

my lights are on from 7am to 10 pm but the intensity is very low the first 2 and last 2 hours of the day.
I have 3 new coral frags coming in today and 4 coming Thursday. So I’ll have 12 plus my bta and 2 rfa’s. Lps+softie tank. So you think it will be safe to add 5% intensity everyday?

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 37 30.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 30 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back