Opinions on the tv show "tanked"

Concerned

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this is how all the evasive fish species got into our local waters devastating the indigenous populations, the cast, crew & producers should be sued for these damages and incarcerated in crowbar hotel for their greed & stupidity, might as well throw the rest of Las Vegas in there also as the place has created more damage to the US water shed than any other place on

Jlentz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this is how all the evasive fish species got into our local waters devastating the indigenous populations, the cast, crew & producers should be sued for these damages and incarcerated in crowbar hotel for their greed & stupidity, might as well throw the rest of Las Vegas in there also as the place has created more damage to the US water shed than any other place on

You’re an idiot.

Vegas has a great reefing community. The tanked guys are not involved.

Land Shark

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who would have thought there would ever be a successful show about fish tanks? You have to give them kudos for that.

Flip the question around. How would you do the show differently to sell even more commercials? If any of us did the show the real way, the ratings would ‘tank’.

Reef-junky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have to take it at face value. It’s a TV show. It’s meant for entertainment not education. The down side is people that have no idea what they are doing will try to replicate what they see. I watched the show. Not a fan of the fake corals they use and some of the fish pairs are not realistic at all. I’m sure the price they charge is crazy but they do make some cool looking tanks.

starypotter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I first started the hobby I put on a couple videos on demand, we'd watched it before I even got into the hobby or so much as considered it. An episode here and there when there was nothing else to watch. After I started my research and I put the show on thinking I might get some good ideas about coming up with my build and I turned it off after an episode or two because it was so ridiculous and 'wrong'.

Bob Weigant

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vegas is where I got introduced to the reefing world. A lot of good Reefers down there. As for the show it’s just entertainment. I’ve never seen it advertised as this is how you build a reef tank

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From personal friends who have actually met Wade and Brett they are really nice guys and there's major editing of that show like any other. It's not meant to be a "how to set up a tank" show, pure entertainment. It would be like watching Jhonny Knoxville teaching you how to be a "good grandpa", lol. Just entertainment.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back