Opinons on livestock list

jtlmnop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted this last week in the New to Saltwater forum, and only had one response. So, I'm reposting to see if I can get a few more opinions.

I would like some opinions on my livestock list, and any advice on when to add them and in which order.

I have a 50g IM AIO Nuvo Lagoon.

My proposed list:
2 x Ocellaris Clowns

Variety of snails(nassarius and trochus to start)

Scarlet and blue leg hermits
Yellow watchman goby
Tiger pistol shrimp
Long nose hawk fish
Coral beauty angel
Eventually, a Mandarin Dragonette

Any thing else I should be considering? Should the angel or hawk fish go in last??

Thanks in advance!

ckb2023

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I assume you know but in case you don't, add in the Mandarin after you let copepods get established in the tank and have plenty of rockwork for them to populate your tank, or it'll probably starve because I haven't heard of one converting from its copepod diet.

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks fine with one caveat. Are you keeping corals? The angel could decide to eat them or any clams added to system at some point.
Personally, I stick with red leg hermits. My blue legs are always killers. To eat other crabs and the snails.
I would also go with some cerith snails. Great for everything! Since you have nassarius, you have sand. So conch are good too. Fighting conch are my go to usually.

Also, make sure to add the other fish prior to the clowns mating and spawning. They can become real nasty after that point to other additions. Mandarin would be fine, but angel could be issue or any other free swimmers (usually goby and shrimp will be fine).
Good. Luck!

salt2salt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The CB angel's I have never nips at coral. Same with my flame angel but I think the FA are more prone to nip.

OP
OP
J

jtlmnop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks fine with one caveat. Are you keeping corals? The angel could decide to eat them or any clams added to system at some point.
Personally, I stick with red leg hermits. My blue legs are always killers. To eat other crabs and the snails.
I would also go with some cerith snails. Great for everything! Since you have nassarius, you have sand. So conch are good too. Fighting conch are my go to usually.

Also, make sure to add the other fish prior to the clowns mating and spawning. They can become real nasty after that point to other additions. Mandarin would be fine, but angel could be issue or any other free swimmers (usually goby and shrimp will be fine).
Good. Luck!
I am planning on some corals down the road(frogspawn, hammers, and duncans), but my research suggests that the coral beauty is the least likely to bother coral

Back