Options for supply line for RO/DI

Gort

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm considering two sources for supply for a RO/DI system. The tank is on the first floor of my house. I haven't gauged the water pressure yet, but it's a newer house on city water, so I'm assuming it's decent.

#1 - under the bathroom or kitchen sink near the tank

#2 - cold water supply line in laundry room upstairs - running the output line down to the reservoir.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

theMeat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When doing it near washing machine you can stick the waste water down the Samar drain as washing machine. Making it easier/better than using a saddle into sink drain.
Use a tee of sorts to supply unit, instead of saddle valve

Viva'sReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm considering two sources for supply for a RO/DI system. The tank is on the first floor of my house. I haven't gauged the water pressure yet, but it's a newer house on city water, so I'm assuming it's decent.

#2 - cold water supply line in laundry room upstairs - running the output line down to the reservoir.

Do you have a basement? That would my first choice is a basement.

OP
OP
Gort

Gort

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When doing it near washing machine you can stick the waste water down the Samar drain as washing machine. Making it easier/better than using a saddle into sink drain.
Use a tee of sorts to supply unit, instead of saddle valve
That was my first inclination. The cold water supply is Teed already, one to the washer the other to the dryer for steam. I wonder if they make a 3 - splitter? :cool:

Dunc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Putting the system under the sink is a pain. Put the unit where it’s easiest to access. Here’s a photo of mine.

Attachments

• 22C2DC6D-ED8C-4F82-85A6-7EDC948425B2.jpeg
    22C2DC6D-ED8C-4F82-85A6-7EDC948425B2.jpeg
    129.3 KB · Views: 22

theMeat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was my first inclination. The cold water supply is Teed already, one to the washer the other to the dryer for steam. I wonder if they make a 3 - splitter? :cool:
Add another tee to dryer supply

OP
OP
Gort

Gort

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Putting the system under the sink is a pain. Put the unit where it’s easiest to access. Here’s a photo of mine.
Thanx - that makes sense. The guy who built my tank has his on a board hanging behind washer / dryer. What kind of maintenance does a RO/DI unit require?

theMeat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will need to change carbon block and sediment filters every 6 months or so. Membrane less frequently. Could take it off wall and when needed. And use a tee with valve like this to make it easy

319C1C36-EA51-4EE7-A33E-52D3F4D40281.png

OP
OP
Gort

Gort

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will need to change carbon block and sediment filters every 6 months or so. Membrane less frequently. Could take it off wall and when needed. And use a tee with valve like this to make it easy

Dunc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanx - that makes sense. The guy who built my tank has his on a board hanging behind washer / dryer. What kind of maintenance does a RO/DI unit require?
Not much in the way of maintenance. Mostly just changing filters when they get exhausted. Go o Bulk Reef Supply. They tell you all about it.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 62 36.3%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back