Options to keep cheato from getting in my skimmer pump?

crackedcorn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m having an issue with cheato micro algae finding its way into my skimmer pump. I’m worried its going to clog it up. Wondering the options, types of bags, baskets, etc. what are the options? Thanks for any info..

Elegance Coral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Increase lighting, and/ or flow on the cheato to see if it stops breaking apart. If that doesn't work, just trash the cheato. It shouldn't be falling apart. It should be growing. You have to have a given amount of nutrients to support the cheato. If your system is missing any of those nutrients, the cheato will break apart and die. Cheato doesn't work in every system.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I’m having an issue with cheato micro algae finding its way into my skimmer pump. I’m worried its going to clog it up. Wondering the options, types of bags, baskets, etc. what are the options? Thanks for any info..
The best way is to put the skimmer in a section of the sump up stream from the chaeto.

Orm Embar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plastic canvas mesh from Michael's ($1-2 for a sheet) works well for me; I don't have a skimmer running but it helps me partition the sump into a refugium.

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are many options. Without a picture of your sump set up we are just trying to catch stars in the sky.
Il y a beaucoup d'options. Sans une image de votre configuration de puisard, nous essayons juste d'attraper des étoiles dans le ciel.

Back