ORA Clams in house at Cherry Corals! Starting at $40!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Acro76

Cherry Corals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
https://www.cherrycorals.com/product-category/clams/

new373_1.jpg

new374.jpg

new375.jpg

new379.jpg

new381.jpg

new384.jpg

new386.jpg

new382.jpg

new378.jpg

FredsNJReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Incredible!
What treatment if any do you use on these clams while they are in your presence?
And what do you recommend a buyer does as they receive them?

Thank you!
Fred

OP
OP
Acro76

Acro76

Cherry Corals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Incredible!
What treatment if any do you use on these clams while they are in your presence?
And what do you recommend a buyer does as they receive them?

Thank you!
Fred

ORA clams come from a farm in the Marshall islands, so we carefully looked them over for any signs of Pyramidellidae snails. They were clean, so acclimate like you would a fish, floating for 15-20 minutes for temperature, then start a drip line and spend an hour or 2 letting them acclimate to any differences in salinity, ph, etc.

When placing them in your aquarium, it is important to allow them to securely attach their foot to a rock. If positioned in a precarious spot, they will constantly fall over and the stress can kill them. We put them in a tray with calcium reactor media so they can easily be shipped without causing damage to their foot. In your aquarium, they will usually attach to the rock within a day or two. Allow them to acclimate to your lights for 1-2 weeks before moving into high light areas. In general clams like a spot with bright light and lower water flow.

Hogan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure you burp the clown to get the air out when you put it in.

FredsNJReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ORA clams come from a farm in the Marshall islands, so we carefully looked them over for any signs of Pyramidellidae snails. They were clean, so acclimate like you would a fish, floating for 15-20 minutes for temperature, then start a drip line and spend an hour or 2 letting them acclimate to any differences in salinity, ph, etc.

When placing them in your aquarium, it is important to allow them to securely attach their foot to a rock. If positioned in a precarious spot, they will constantly fall over and the stress can kill them. We put them in a tray with calcium reactor media so they can easily be shipped without causing damage to their foot. In your aquarium, they will usually attach to the rock within a day or two. Allow them to acclimate to your lights for 1-2 weeks before moving into high light areas. In general clams like a spot with bright light and lower water flow.

Thank you so much! I am not ready yet, but I have wanted a blue clam since the first time I saw one. Your variations posted above are enchanting.

PS---I will see you in CT!!!!
Fred

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 32 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 26.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back