ORA Pearlberry discussion....history,growth rates,pictures

Naturalreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Reordered a ORA Pearlberry from LA today. Previous order came in pieces from shipping and didn’t make it. Definitely a pricey coral, but I want the true lineage and want to support ORA for the great work they do. I keep getting drawn to this acro and it needs to be a part of my tank. I would love to know the history of this beautiful piece and how ORA acquired it/lost it/reaquired it. Not much came up with a internet search. All Pearlberry discussion,photos welcome!

authentic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i got a frag from a local reefer that had this story....he had a colony from ora that was grown out...ora evidently lost there colony awhile back and reached out to him to replace it.....then grew it out again...my frag has doubled in size and is looking good..one of my favorites..at the top of my tank..ill post a pic

OP
OP
Naturalreef

Naturalreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Cool, thanks authentic! What was the time frame that it doubled in size? I also hear high light\high flow.

TX_Punisher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll need to post a shot of mine. Just got it a few months ago. Starting to show some blue on the tips.

Rollman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is just now starting break it’s shell. High light, slow grower for me.

98931357-F18E-43C8-A666-8EEE6750C109.jpeg

SeaDweller

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a huge frag of one at a show recently. I thought I was duped for a few months. It was all green. I was POed.

Magically, recently, all of this light teal blue goodness is creeping up from under all that green. It’s being hit with a lot of daylight spectrum now. I’ll try to get a pic.

melanotaenia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got one from ORA farms about two weeks ago; pretty small, but has some great color.

IMG_1563.jpg

I agree on what others have noted: high light for sure.

abraha

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my favorite old school corals. I used to have a large colony about 7 years ago. I moved and took down my tank then. I just started a new tank and scored a nice frag, hopefully it will grow into a nice colony!

OP
OP
Naturalreef

Naturalreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I couldnt agree more! I have most of the high end stuff, but the raw beauty of Pearlberry when fully colored keeps my attention the longest.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got one from ORA farms about two weeks ago; pretty small, but has some great color.

IMG_1563.jpg

I agree on what others have noted: high light for sure.

Yea small for Ora, but massive compared to some other vendors :)
Keep the pics coming guys. I have never grown this piece, was a rare piece for a while.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 29 16.7%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back