ORA Strawberry Shortcake Acro

Sandroni

Professional Coral Bleacher
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have one? or knows their care requirements? I’ve always wanted one and I have a great opportunity to get one.
Thanks,
Angela​

tdileo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same care all acros have. Strong, indirect flow, strong light, and low but detectable nutrients for optimal growth and color, and probably most important stable parameters.

OP
OP
Sandroni

Sandroni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same care all acros have. Strong, indirect flow, strong light, and low but detectable nutrients for optimal growth and color, and probably most important stable parameters.
Alright thanks, I kinda thought it was the basic acro care.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it is true ORA Shortcake (microlaudus), then it is on the easier side for acropora and is a good beginner acro. You can have some darker colors with a bit more light and more contrast with some lower light. Higher nutrients will also provide darker colors and lower nutrients with a bit more contrast. High light and lower nutrients make it look the best, IMO.

OP
OP
Sandroni

Sandroni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it is true ORA Shortcake (microlaudus), then it is on the easier side for acropora and is a good beginner acro. You can have some darker colors with a bit more light and more contrast with some lower light. Higher nutrients will also provide darker colors and lower nutrients with a bit more contrast. High light and lower nutrients make it look the best, IMO.
Got a good high light area set for it and already have low nutrients so it should be good.

Saltyanimals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone comment on growth rate? Varies by tank, but general comments. I have some stags that grow like weeds. Wish some of these acros would. Lol

rossco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what the ORA shortcake looks like for me. Its not the fastest grower, I have had it 3 1/2 years and the colony is 3 inches by 5 inches wide. It has turned into a really cool table in strong flow, mid level under 8 x 80 watt T5 HO. Sure doesn't look like a microclados to me though. I'm 100 percent sure it is the ORA, bought in person on the black ORA plug the same day it came in at my LFS.

Picture taken this week.
ORA Shortcake.jpg

A picture from 2016 for a topdown reference

ORA Shortcake 2.jpg

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Imo, rosscos version/species of the shortcake is much nicer. I agree, it's not A. microclados of UC strawberry shortcake fame.

I really like those smooth shoots it puts out.

If you're patient you can find one with very intense red tips. I had a pink one first go around and when I picked up the one with more intense red out went the pink colony.

26464745718_442ce94fde_c.jpg

nashorn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ORA Shortcake 2.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Is that a sapphire Milli on the bottom?
This is what the ORA shortcake looks like for me. Its not the fastest grower, I have had it 3 1/2 years and the colony is 3 inches by 5 inches wide. It has turned into a really cool table in strong flow, mid level under 8 x 80 watt T5 HO. Sure doesn't look like a microclados to me though. I'm 100 percent sure it is the ORA, bought in person on the black ORA plug the same day it came in at my LFS.

Picture taken this week.
ORA Shortcake.jpg

A picture from 2016 for a topdown reference

ORA Shortcake 2.jpg
Is that a sapphire Mili on the bottom left?

larangcon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One my favorite, but this is one acro I am having a hard time with, just won't grow in my tank like the red dragon. These two has been a challenge more than other acros ;Meh
Love to see more pictures

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back