Orange Polyp

ccole

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all! I've been trying to figure out what this polyp/coral is, but I haven't had much luck. As far as I can tell, it has a mouth but not a skeleton and closes up by folding in half. It came in as a hitchhiker on a shipment of gulf live rock and glows under blue light. I've checked hitchhiker guides, but haven't found a match. Sorry for the bad pictures, they are the clearest I can get.

Thanks for the help!

Polyp .jpeg Polyp2.jpeg

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi,rock flower nem??

ssunthar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all! I've been trying to figure out what this polyp/coral is, but I haven't had much luck. As far as I can tell, it has a mouth but not a skeleton and closes up by folding in half. It came in as a hitchhiker on a shipment of gulf live rock and glows under blue light. I've checked hitchhiker guides, but haven't found a match. Sorry for the bad pictures, they are the clearest I can get.

Thanks for the help!

Polyp .jpeg Polyp2.jpeg
Cant really tell from the pic.. but, please check if they are aiptasia.. if so, please try to get it out of your system.
Aptasia.jpg

OP
OP
ccole

ccole

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It definitely isn't aiptasia. Way too orange and it doesn't have the long tentacles. I thought maybe RFA but I've never seen one this small (it's approximately the size of a zoanthid). I did get some Aptasia though haha.

Last edited:

ssunthar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It definitely isn't aiptasia. Way too orange and it doesn't have the long tentacles. I thought maybe RFA but I've never seen one this small (it's approximately the size of a zoanthid). I did get some Aptasia though haha.
Does look like a baby rock flower nem like @fishguy242 said... might be your luck day.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 34.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 39 31.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back