Orange spiny sea rod or purple candelabra?

Diveks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello so i currently have one gorgonian (photosynthetic) in my reef tank and i am loving them. So im thinking of getting another one as they are getting some caribbean gorgonian shipments in. Im thinking of getting either the orange spiny sea rod (muricea enlongate) or purple candelabra (eunicea spp). they are pretty expensive here so i want to know which one i should get. I have strong flow and lights for my sps but could adjust accordingly. any special care for any of them and which one is hardier ect. here are some of the pics:
candelabra:
1646466434691.png

sea rod:
1646466472249.png

anything i should look for when picking which ones i want too? as i could actually pick them out individually from photos.

OP
OP
Diveks

Diveks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're all pretty hardy imoe. Corky finger is being a little testy but between the plumes, spines, ribbons, or blades they are all hardy. I always recommend the blade 1st.
D
Hm im thinking of getting the sea rod... i have the plumes and they seem to be doing well thinking getting those would be okay?
strong flow, place so as to allow for vertical growth. Prices aren’t that bad if you look around online
+1 I paid like $8 for one.
D
since the tank is a dropoff maybe putting it in the dropoff part should allow a lot of vertical growth.

Aw over here in indonesia we only have the NPS ones for that price. the photosynthetic ones are pretty rare. this is the second shipment of them as people are only getting into photosynthetic gorgonians here. i did get my plume for only $7 but it was tiny. the ones i showed were $60. hey at least indo fishes and aquacultured sps frags here are pretty cheap.. o_O

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 44 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%
Back