The House of Orange

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I tried pics yesterday with the orange and yellow stacked, and everything was too purple. Clearly, I need to up my photography game.
Do you have white balance adjust on your camera?

OP
OP
Fish Styx

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good morning, Team Styx and Happy Wrasse Wednesday! I'm gonna be mostly MIA for the better part of today, but should pop on here and there. Anyways, here's a pic of The Wrasstafarian. I really lucked out with this guy. Not only does he hunt all day long, but he also eats anything I put in the tank. Flake, pellets, all frozen (even squid now), masstick, and I even caught him taking a nibble from the nori sheet. He's gonna be plump in no time!

20230322_094812.jpg

Last edited:

Adam Houston

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning, Team Styx and Happy Wrasse Wednesday! I'm gonna be mostly MIA for the better part of today, but should pop on here and there. Anyways, here's a pic of The Wrasstafarian. I really lucked out with this guy. Not only does he hunt all day long, but he also eats anything I put in the tank. Flake, pellets, all frozen (even squid now), masstick, and I even caught him taking a nibble from the nori sheet. He's gonna be plump in no time!

20230322_094812.jpg
Why does that look like the coolest fish I’ve ever seen? I’m obsessed with most Tangs but that wrasse looks wicked good…what kind is it?

OP
OP
Fish Styx

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Why does that look like the coolest fish I’ve ever seen? I’m obsessed with most Tangs but that wrasse looks wicked good…what kind is it?
Macropharyngodon Ornatus / Ornate Leopard Wrasse. Once they become available again, I'll be adding a Macropharyngodon Geoffroyi / Potter's Leopard Wrasse, as well.

OP
OP
Fish Styx

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was able to get caught up lol... Tangs and wrasses in one pic

Blonde Naso 11-22.JPEG Blonde Naso and others 11-22.JPEG
I absolutely love Blonde Nasos! My tank is too small for one though. Next upgrade, a naso, sailfin, and yellow belly blue are going in!

Adam Houston

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice man, the coloration on that wrasse is insane. Going to put it on my wish list asap. Is it difficult to keep? I just saw on Dr. Reefs site he has it lasted as this:

Attachments

• 2940B310-54B3-4D60-B60D-634DA0FD3405.png
    2940B310-54B3-4D60-B60D-634DA0FD3405.png
    118 KB · Views: 19
OP
OP
Fish Styx

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice man, the coloration on that wrasse is insane. Going to put it on my wish list asap. Is it difficult to keep? I just saw on Dr. Reefs site he has it lasted as this:
They can be, yes, and for a number of reasons. First, they do not travel well at all, so the chain of custody stresses them more than the average fish. Leopards are also notoriously difficult to ween on to prepared foods, so you'll need to make sure that you have large, breeding pod populations and the ability to replenish them (i.e. running cultures). They require a sand bed, too- not just a Tupperware container with sand, so BB tanks are out of the question. None of these factors make them impossible to keep, mind you. They just need a little extra TLC to get going. Once they do though, they're awesome specimens.

Adam Houston

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They can be, yes, and for a number of reasons. First, they do not travel well at all, so the chain of custody stresses them more than the average fish. Leopards are also notoriously difficult to ween on to prepared foods, so you'll need to make sure that you have large, breeding pod populations and the ability to replenish them (i.e. running cultures). They require a sand bed, too- not just a Tupperware container with sand, so BB tanks are out of the question. None of these factors make them impossible to keep, mind you. They just need a little extra TLC to get going. Once they do though, they're awesome specimens.
Thanks for the insight! I definitely needed that advice after reading that scary disclaimer. I am so new to this hobby I don’t even have my first Sw tank setup yet…it’s a 120 just chilling in my garage waiting for equipment. I will do plenty of research before adding a wrasse, I’m def setting some life goals today…I just told myself…”Buy 3 tangs and that dope lookin wrasse, then you’ll be like all the cool kids” hehe

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the insight! I definitely needed that advice after reading that scary disclaimer. I am so new to this hobby I don’t even have my first Sw tank setup yet…it’s a 120 just chilling in my garage waiting for equipment. I will do plenty of research before adding a wrasse, I’m def setting some life goals today…I just told myself…”Buy 3 tangs and that dope lookin wrasse, then you’ll be like all the cool kids” hehe
thats sweet that you think he is cool :winking-face-with-tongue:

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

20230322_094812.jpg
My Mel tears into nori sheets.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
If you can adjust the white balance, use the orange or yellow filter and adjust the white balance up until the picture looks natural. Mine is usually around 3750-4000 when using an Orange filter.

OP
OP
Fish Styx

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just take it slow, and remember that we're all here to help and support you along the way. Also, @rmorris_14 is right: I am most definiteltly not cool. I'm like the "anti-cool". I just try to bask in the light of her coolness and hope that a little shines on me.

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hahaha oh Man! I’m actually not a sweet guy in general…my wife says I’m colder than Stone Cold Steve Austin but even a tough guy has to give compliments every now and then Lol
Don't mind me...I'm still waiting for them to come out with my "snarky" badge, so people don't take me seriously. ;)

Adam Houston

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just take it slow, and remember that we're all here to help and support you along the way. Also, @rmorris_14 is right: I am most definiteltly not cool. I'm like the "anti-cool". I just try to bask in the light of her coolness and hope that a little shines on me. Just take it slow, and remember that we're all here to help and support you along the way. Also, @rmorris_14 is right: I am most definiteltly not cool. I'm like the "anti-cool". I just try to bask in the light of her coolness and hope that a little shines on me.
I will for sure and I gotta say you sound about as chill as “the Dude” from the Big Lebowski so if “anti-cool” is the new “cool” than that is pretty rad haha

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 33 84.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 7.7%
Back