The House of Orange

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you doing this weekend to you system? ;) ;)

OP
OP
Fish Styx

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What are you doing this weekend to you system? ;) ;)
This weekend I'll be doing WC, media exchange on the reactors, bringing the dosing array online, moving the par meter to the sandbed for the next ten days, and (hopefully) making some videos for the youtubes. I've been doing a light study with the Noopsyches and I'm super pleased with the #'s so far.

I should have some more new arrivals coming on Tuesday, so there'll be some midweek shenanigans, too!

Next weekend is a biggie. Upgrading the T5 ballasts in the new fixture and redoing some plumbing. I need to swap out the bulkheads on my returns, so I plan on routing the UV return lines back into the cryptic fuge instead of up and over the back and then rerunning the pipes to the bulkheads.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This weekend I'll be doing WC, media exchange on the reactors, bringing the dosing array online, moving the par meter to the sandbed for the next ten days, and (hopefully) making some videos for the youtubes. I've been doing a light study with the Noopsyches and I'm super pleased with the #'s so far.

I should have some more new arrivals coming on Tuesday, so there'll be some midweek shenanigans, too!

Next weekend is a biggie. Upgrading the T5 ballasts in the new fixture and redoing some plumbing. I need to swap out the bulkheads on my returns, so I plan on routing the UV return lines back into the cryptic fuge instead of up and over the back and then rerunning the pipes to the bulkheads.
What brand/model are the new T5 ballasts?

OP
OP
Fish Styx

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You say this as though you have the ability to do a deep study on something. We know better!
I mean, nothing too complicated. Taking the average readings from 10 days in each 3rd of the tank (top, middle, bottom) to provide a rough gauge of where I'm at with the new lighting.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sounds like a busy weekend and next. If you have a moment, could you hop in car and swing by with the par meter?

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I wasn’t sure if you’d be able to put it together. What a pleasant surprise that you did. :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

In my defense, I did go through quite a lot as a yoot (born, orphanage, homes, adoption, mental abuse, physical abuse, sexual abuse, alcohol and drug use) which, regardless of doctors, meds, therapies and outside help, left me slightly mental. ;) It used to be torturous but I find it all a source of strength and humor now.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Greetings, Team Styx! Sorry I have been relatively absent- I've been dealing with a lot of stuff over the last two weeks that I'm not ready to talk about, yet. The only easy day was yesterday, amirite?!

Anyways, I picked up some new additions today (pics below)! I also ordered 10 lbs. of Aussie rock and two additional acro frags- Pink Cadillac, and another staghorn. I'm gonna try to hop back in the saddle and make some update videos tomorrow. Stay tuned...

20230331_190810.jpg 20230331_190949.jpg 20230331_191013.jpg
IMG_20230224_081841793.jpg

OP
OP
Fish Styx

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Did you look into more standard ballasts which offer more functionality?
I did, but I'm a fan of the ATIs. They are, IME, super reliable. I also don't want dimming or anything, so these will do the job. Believe it or not, one of the ballasts in the new fixture already failed. Gonna replace it and swap out the other so that I don't have to worry about it.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Is this your special way of saying you relate?
To your life story, not much, to insanity from life, yes. We all have our own stories, some easier than others'.

OP
OP
Fish Styx

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hellooo! the wrasse have been secured and seem to be getting along, i have a clown fairy and a orangeback fairy!
Sweet! Let's see some pics.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 161 61.7%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 69 26.4%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 90 34.5%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Other

Votes: 69 26.4%
Back