OP
Mcdonalds

Mcdonalds

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so if it cost $50 it would be worth the effort? not the right way to look at it
True, but I really don’t want to change the rocks around, this is my first ever scape, I don’t want to scratch the glass (I’m a certified moron), and I just don’t like keeping my hands in the water for long because I have some of this white wispy crap growing in darker parts and from what I’ve seen it’s from chemicals from like soap or something getting into the water, I was gonna post about it to try and figure it out.

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dottyback defender here!

First, I think that some reports of orchid obnoxiousness are misattributions from a lookalike relative, and not from fridmani.

Second, captive-bred specimens seem to have much lower levels of aggression. It still happens, but it doesn't seem to be as much of a problem.

Third, I increasingly think that fridmani should at least be kept in pairs, and possibly in larger groups.

I've had five ORA fridmani at this point, and none of them have shown aggression to their tankmates. I've always only kept them in pairs, though (one died in a bleach accident and had to be replaced).

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Among the most peaceful wrasses are the fairy wrasses. Some of them are really peaceful and they don’t dig or sleep in the sand, so they don’t bother corals.

Here is an article by the wrasse guy, with a graph that shows aggression and tank size needed per specie.

OP
OP
Mcdonalds

Mcdonalds

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Among the most peaceful wrasses are the fairy wrasses. Some of them are really peaceful and they don’t dig or sleep in the sand, so they don’t bother corals.

Here is an article by the wrasse guy, with a graph that shows aggression and tank size needed per specie.

A wrasse would be cool but I don’t think I can house one other than a possum, I only have a 24g

Ghost25

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you sure it's an orchid and not a purple dottyback? Does it have a black line running from it's nose through they eye or is it solid magenta?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.8%
Back