Order fixture with 24" end plates/mounts?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

TimeTwister

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know if it is possible to order the Aquatic Life hybrid fixtures with the 24" end plates and led brackets already included instead of the standard size brackets? I was about to pull the trigger on the fixture and just realized I will need about $75 worth of brackets to be able to use my black box LEDs with them.

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
We made the units standard at 18" due to it being the popular size. The wider 24" accessories were made for the customers with the wider aquariums and wanted to mount the LED perpendicular to the T5.

Let me know what questions you might have, will be glad to help.

jimmyzhou

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We made the units standard at 18" due to it being the popular size. The wider 24" accessories were made for the customers with the wider aquariums and wanted to mount the LED perpendicular to the T5.

Let me know what questions you might have, will be glad to help.
I just got my t5 today trying too installing but the hanging kit is too short for the 24 end plate. Any hanging kit for 24 end plate

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep in mind the "G2" fixtures cannot be expanded, they are a set 18" size due to the wiring. You'll have to run the G1 version if you want to mount Mitras, unless something has changed.

@AquaticLifeProducts Dave, that sound correct still?

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep in mind the "G2" fixtures cannot be expanded, they are a set 18" size due to the wiring. You'll have to run the G1 version if you want to mount Mitras, unless something has changed.

Oh no. @AquaticLifeProducts ?????
G1 aren't even for sale anymore. G2 are new model same just comes with decorative endcaps now. So I'd need the 19.4 decor endcap and 19.4 led brackets for my mitras

Kyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My mistake, I thought you meant G2 as in the DX version that's pre-assembled. I wasn't aware the original was revamped to include the end caps as a G2 version.

Yes, the mitras brackets are 19.4", though I recall Dave (he is aquaticlife) was working on another mounting option possibly. You'll probably find a reply from him here shortly.

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Kyl are u using mitras with aquaticlife. If so images of looks of it mounted top view so I can see how far they hang down or sit up. I know I saw a potential mounting option of the LEDs sitting on top of the fixture. I forget where I saw it but not sure how it would look. Might look goofy.

Kyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, I have 3x Kessil A160's in my 48" AL on the DT, and an AP700 (with the EU bracket) on my frag tank in a 24" AL

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1

Hi Kyl,

The G2 can be expanded with the accessories but the new DX18 and the 61" X18 cannot due to the wiring in the side extrusions.

THh G2 is the original fixture but we removed the Kessil brackets due to the various sizes that they have and decided to include the covers for the ends. Also slightly longer power cords and we are using a C13/C14 power cord connection so we can swap to different plug configurations for other countries.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 117 58.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 61 30.5%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 73 36.5%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 34 17.0%
  • Other

Votes: 58 29.0%

Back