Order issue and no reply from emails

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ms32795

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good afternoon I apologize if this is not place to post this however my emails and attempts to contact Algaebarn through their website for the past two days have not been answered or replied to.
I placed an order back on April 25, in which I received this past Thursday (5/9) afternoon. Immediately upon opening the box I noticed my jar of 5280 was just over half full of water and was wet. The plastic bag it was inside of had water in it and the brown paper and packing material were soaked, with a slight odor.
The lid on the jar was loose and apparently not tightened properly and leaked during transit.

Like I said above I tried for the past two days to contact your company via the website and email with pictures, to no avail. Please help.

Thanks.

bansheeGrl10

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you submitted a claim I’m still processing them and if you did not please submit one will pictures. We fill our jars to the top of barn logo. When our packages ship condensation occurs and makes it appear that the jar leaked when it didn’t. I will be back in the office Monday working through emails. We are open Monday through Friday 9am to 5pm MST.

Best Regards,

Krystle

bansheeGrl10

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you submitted a claim I’m still processing them and if you did not please submit one will pictures. We fill our jars to the top of barn logo. When our packages ship condensation occurs and makes it appear that the jar leaked when it didn’t. I will be back in the office Monday working through emails. We are open Monday through Friday 9am to 5pm MST.

Best Regards,

Krystle

bansheeGrl10

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Best Regards,

Krystle

OP
OP
ms32795

ms32795

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Best Regards,

Krystle

Ok. Thanks for the response. I was
Looking for some guidance as to what I needed to do since this was my very first order at Algaebarn.com.
I just submitted the claim with two pictures I took immediately after opening the box.
It was definitely not condensation, there was a slightly foul-salty smell and the lid was very loose.

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ok. Thanks for the response. I was
Looking for some guidance as to what I needed to do since this was my very first order at Algaebarn.com.
I just submitted the claim with two pictures I took immediately after opening the box.
It was definitely not condensation, there was a slightly foul-salty smell and the lid was very loose.

Hi,

Was this situation resolved to your satisfaction?

OP
OP
ms32795

ms32795

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

Was this situation resolved to your satisfaction?

Not yet. I emailed Greg today, as he said in a previous email from Monday that the replacement should go out on Tuesday the 14 and I will get an email with a tracking number shortly after that.
Well it’s Thursday the 16 and no email with tracking number as of yet. However like I mentioned earlier I emailed Greg to find out what was going on and he informed me that there was some sort of delay and my replacement will go out on Monday the 20. Fingers crossed it goes out then. Thx

apt220

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not yet. I emailed Greg today, as he said in a previous email from Monday that the replacement should go out on Tuesday the 14 and I will get an email with a tracking number shortly after that.
Well it’s Thursday the 16 and no email with tracking number as of yet. However like I mentioned earlier I emailed Greg to find out what was going on and he informed me that there was some sort of delay and my replacement will go out on Monday the 20. Fingers crossed it goes out then. Thx

Sheesh, about two weeks to rectify your issue? Did this ever get resolved for you?

OP
OP
ms32795

ms32795

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sheesh, about two weeks to rectify your issue? Did this ever get resolved for you?
Yes I finally did get a resolution to my problem. It took about three and a half to four weeks before I received a new/non leaking bottle of pods.
I will say this, when they did communicate with me about this issue I felt as if I were an annoyance to them. Just in how their responses were. Maybe their person handling my issue was having a bad day.

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes I finally did get a resolution to my problem. It took about three and a half to four weeks before I received a new/non leaking bottle of pods.
I will say this, when they did communicate with me about this issue I felt as if I were an annoyance to them. Just in how their responses were. Maybe their person handling my issue was having a bad day.
Hello Everyone! First off I would like to apologize! Our previous employee seemed to give customers short (rude sounding) answers, and simply never follow through with helping customers, and I want you both to know that hasn't been a problem here in months. I am Greg, I have been managing customer service here again since her departure from the company, and (for the most part) have repaired all of the relationships that were damaged by this issue. I would like to extend an offer to reach out to me personally and let us send you something as our way of apologizing for the treatment you recieved. Simply send an email to me at [email protected] and I will be sure to get to you right away, and provide the customer service experience we are otherwise known for across the web! - Greg

OP
OP
ms32795

ms32795

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone! First off I would like to apologize! Our previous employee seemed to give customers short (rude sounding) answers, and simply never follow through with helping customers, and I want you both to know that hasn't been a problem here in months. I am Greg, I have been managing customer service here again since her departure from the company, and (for the most part) have repaired all of the relationships that were damaged by this issue. I would like to extend an offer to reach out to me personally and let us send you something as our way of apologizing for the treatment you recieved. Simply send an email to me at [email protected] and I will be sure to get to you right away, and provide the customer service experience we are otherwise known for across the web! - Greg
Greg, I had a feeling something wasn't quite right, as it appears everyone else on R2R has had a great experience with prompt & courteous communication. With your explanation above it appears I wasn't the only person who felt like that. I thank you for reaching out to offer me something to make things right. Thanks again

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back