0   0   0
Hello, I just finished my stocking list for my 55 gallon tank. It is:

2 Ocellaris Clownfish
5 Blue Green Chromis
1 Diamond Goby
1 Royal Gramma Basslet
1 Flame Hawkfish
1 Yellow Tang

Is this too much? Could I add more? And what order should I add them in if it's not too much. (I already have the clownfish)

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This tank isn't actually new, I bought used and don't know how long it was running before but the sand looks dirty so that's the reason for the Diamond Goby.
For a diamond goby or any valenciennea you ideally want your sandbed to look more like this:
image.jpg

P.s. please ignore the flash, it’s currently early morning for me :)

Upvote 0

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A springeri should be fine. Even species in that relatively peaceful genus of damsels can get kinda mean in a tank that size though just a heads up. Damsels tend to stake out a baseball to basketball sized "home zone" they will chase other fish out of, and it can take up the whole tank in smaller tanks

Upvote 0
OP
OP
danenelsen

danenelsen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A springeri should be fine. Even species in that relatively peaceful genus of damsels can get kinda mean in a tank that size though just a heads up. Damsels tend to stake out a baseball to basketball sized "home zone" they will chase other fish out of, and it can take up the whole tank in smaller tanks
Ok, another blue fish suggestions?

Upvote 0

NoMu Fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the diamond goby will starve to death avoid Valenciennea species of gobys in new tanks
Question for you. I am thinking about ordering a Valenciennea goby. My tank i want to add it to is a nano tank of 15G. It’s been up and running for 2 years now. Would it be ok or would it also struggle because of the size?

Upvote 0

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, another blue fish suggestions?
The springeri is probably the nicest free swimming blue fish you could put in a tank this size. Most blue fish get kinda mean in small tanks. You could maybe do a cherub angelfish, but they can also get kinda mean in small tanks and can occasionally nip coral. Another option is a blue reef chromis. They can also be mean in small tanks. Blue is a hard color.

Upvote 0

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question for you. I am thinking about ordering a Valenciennea goby. My tank i want to add it to is a nano tank of 15G. It’s been up and running for 2 years now. Would it be ok or would it also struggle because of the size?
A sand sifting goby will absolutely starve to death in a 15g nano tank most of the time. Other results are just outliers.

Upvote 0

NoMu Fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A sand sifting goby will absolutely starve to death in a 15g nano tank most of the time. Other results are just outliers.
Thank you for the feedback! Could it last and serve a purpose while i grow it out? At what point would i need to place it in a larger tank?

Upvote 0

Nemo&Friends

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chromis do not always whittle to one. I have 7 of them for 5 years. I read that you need a minimum of 6 for them to stop killing each other. They are extremely active fish, and your tank will never look empty with them in.
Also the fun part about the green chromis is that they spawn in the tank.

Upvote 0

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I just finished my stocking list for my 55 gallon tank. It is:

2 Ocellaris Clownfish
5 Blue Green Chromis
1 Diamond Goby
1 Royal Gramma Basslet
1 Flame Hawkfish
1 Yellow Tang

Is this too much? Could I add more? And what order should I add them in if it's not too much. (I already have the clownfish)
Yellow tang wouldnt not fit in this tank, very active swimmers and they get big. I suggest a dwarf angel instead

Upvote 0

melonheadorion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im going to input specifcally on the diamond goby. i have 2 of them in a 65, and both of them are doing fine. for a year, i had 1 of them in a 20g until i moved them together into teh 65

i have read months ago, from a post or article elsewhere, that its not that you are successful in keeling a diamond goby alive for 6 month, its that it took 6 months for him to starve.
Since reading that, i always supplement the diet of my diamond gobies. i direct feed them pellets so that i can make sure that they have something substantial for the day, in addition to what they sift, and they are plenty fat, and are going on 2 years now. Although the sandbed that i cant think had shown is good to sustain them naturally, it is not needed. my sandbed looks nothing like that, but again, i direct feed them additional food other than the normal frozen that i feed to the tank.

Upvote 0

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back