Order of fish to add

Piece of reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seen a few other guys writing up about the way or the order of fish to add first etc for aggression purposes

Just wondering if theres ever been a list or like a spreadsheet of most of the fish species to know which is best to add first or not etc ?

Fishyfish22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
i think similarly categorized fish should be added together, in order to prevent aggression.

an example would be zebrasomas. You don't want to add a purple tank, have it grow used to the tank, then a scopas, then a gem. the purple would have a pre-established dominance and it'll bully the new additions, this could range from just establishing dominance to harassing until the point of death. So those three fish you'd want to add together if you wanted them to enter with the least amount of aggression possible.

Sam816

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Post your fish list. Other members should be able to suggest an order and maybe their logic behind it.
I have added fish with similar feeding habits or where one fish is supposed to bully the other together in QT. Once they get used to each other they go to DT together

OP
OP
P

Piece of reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys
Ill try make up a list in the next few days and post it up

Appreciate it

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally, I think there is more to be said for adding fish ‘together’ than there is for the proper ‘order.’ The reason I say that is because when I did all the research you are now doing, just about every fish I wanted said “best to add this fish last.” Darn... how can EVERY fish be LAST???? Illogical. Best wishes!

OP
OP
P

Piece of reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally, I think there is more to be said for adding fish ‘together’ than there is for the proper ‘order.’ The reason I say that is because when I did all the research you are now doing, just about every fish I wanted said “best to add this fish last.” Darn... how can EVERY fish be LAST???? Illogical. Best wishes!
Lolll also cant add to many fish to the qt tank incase of ammonia spike haha

Ill figure it out eventually..... hopefully lol

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
True. Of course there is much to be said for the change-the-rocks-around trick, which is usually super-easy in a FOWLER.

OP
OP
P

Piece of reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
True. Of course there is much to be said for the change-the-rocks-around trick, which is usually super-easy in a FOWLER.

I just have to come up with a list and go from there, and study each fish

Right now ive just got 2 clowns, but i was hoping someones written a spreadsheet or something that says for example tangs lvl 5 aggression
Mandarin lvl 1 so on and so forth

Wouldve been a awesome help lol

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back