• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

organism vs. mr.coral

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=864890

this has gotten to the point of just being commical.

i have a friend, who used to live up here, and who just recently moved out of town.

he also had an order from miguel last week, that was supposed to be delivered on friday (same as mr.coral).

basically, what happened, is DHL screwed up b/c they lost power in a major sorting facility hub. stuff sat there all weekend, and died.

my friends shipment, was a total loss (included armegedons, armor of gods, joker palys, an acro, and a brain).

according to my friend, miguel as of monday night, offered full store credit, no questions asked, or any other hassels going back and forth.

i realize that the bad blood at the center of this, is b/c two business people are going head to head. and i agree with points on both sides, but mr.coral has gotten way out of line. if i were a business, and treated like that by a customer, i doubt i would want to bend over backwards to please this customer. the fact that mr.coral verbally attacked miguel right off the bat, friday evening after the shipment hadn't been received, when miguel explicitly explained the fact that the shipment didnt make it was totally out of his control is explanation enough for that time being.

then i find it hillarious and hypocritical, that mr.coral states in his auctions to not be worried about corals sitting in the post office for a week, yet he blows up when his over night shipment didnt arrive on time.

but again, since mr.coral, aka "commic book guy from the simpsons", is using this as his legitimate, primary private business, i can see why he would get upset about stressed/dead zoas, as he cant frag them up and sell them immediately.

shoot, he should count his blessings that he didnt lose everything, as other people's shipments from miguel did.

i dont know, i'm kinda torn whether miguel should offer credit/refund....

any thoughts/opinions?

ecotoxlady

Perpetual student
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a nasty situation from the standpoint of how Mr. Coral has dealt with it. He certainly should have handled things much more politely as there are issues such as shipping troubles that are out of the control of the shipper. That being said, if Miguel does have a refund policy set up for loss of corals from shipping with picture verification then unfortunately I think Miguel will need to honor that policy. I do feel bad for Miguel in this situation given that Mr. Coral is behaving this way but also feel that these policies are set-up for the security of the customer. It's just unfortunate in this case that the customer is behaving like a real butt. Does that make sense?

OP
OP
surfn

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah, i totally agree. its esspecially hard to take sides in favor of the customer (as in most of our cases), when miguel has awesome stuff and we dont want to get blacklisted :lol:

mschriskim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just my 2cents.

Leagally no live coral shipping are allowed if you do not have a permit on both shipper and receiver.

I know this as I contacted Fedex few times for few shippment error that they made.

Not sure what kind of permit but you have to be a commercial and had to have a permit to ship live corals via Fedex, UPS, DSL or any other shipping method (This apply for a reciver as well so only commercial shipping between 2 bussiness with permits are allowed).

Yes, they do accept these boxes as these are big big $$$ for them but when it comes down for damaged live corals claim no shipping company will cover them even they made mistake only shipping cost will get refund. (Oh, one case is exception if the box is lost and the box is insured for $500 than you could get full $500 as it is lost than delayed but if the box is not insured

Due to this reason most seller state their site "If shipping carrier made mistake and shipmment got caused delay this is not covered as carrier is not covering insurance" Maybe little different ton of words but it is basically not covered by policy.

After this it is all up to seller or vendor's favor so if Mr. Coral talked to Migel nicely with respect privately he would have probably gotten his store credit as Migel is a nice guy to deal with but instread Mr. Coral attacted Migel (That's what it seems like) so Migel's protecting his bussiness now.

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When customers attack.. Today, on the Zoanthid Channel

Personally, between two commercial sellers it is bad taste to even have any of the consumers knowing it's going on, IMO. Makes them both look bad that they can't work it out... and doubly bad on the one who let the beans spill to us.

That having been said, I don't let anyone scream at me. There simply is no excuse for verbal abuse. And after you verbally abuse someone you shouldn't be surprised when they tell you to take a long walk off a short pier. I expect adults to behave like adults, period. Sometimes that means taking it in the shorts fiancially, but that's just life.

After reading this, I am glad I ordered from MarineFlora.com... even though I am sure Miguel is normally very nice to us rational adult types. However, I will never order from Mr.Coral, period. I wouldn't want to risk him blowing his top or acting in other juvenile ways.

This is just sad period, imo.
:(
Laurie

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just read Mr.Coral's feedback on Ebay. Worst feedback I have ever seen on a reefer, from lots and lots of people. What made it outrageous though was the replies he was making to the feedbacks- very scarily aggressive. Not a nice dude at all from the looks of it.

:(
Laurie

organism

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that's it, you're all blacklisted! :D

to clear up a few points in this thread (yeah, it's old, I know), everyone that had an order get messed up that weekend got full credit except for mr coral. The amount of credit due to mr coral was $85, and the smallest amount I gave out for the 7 (!) orders that got messed up that weekend was $250, all the way up to $900, everyone else handled it with grace and respect, but I'm sure we've all been yelled at before, and would all react differently, some people choose to kiss the yeller's butt, and the rest choose the "long walk off a short pier approach". I tried both, but the butt kissing only made the yelling get louder, so there it went. So to sum up, over $3000 in credit went out that weekend, you'd have to really be a weenie to not get $85...

all of that said, mr coral was aware for 24 hours prior to shipping that all orders were now being shipped through dhl, both through email and through the tracking info provided by dhl, and had no problem with it until something went awry, at which point he started pointing to the faq and screaming "fedex" and "refund", while ignoring the two or three times that it says on there that we don't cover losses from shipping damage (which we do, just a cya thing). he wanted a refund, by the way, on friday, before the package had ever arrived.

after alllllll of that nonsense, I ate the bad press but mr coral ended up apologizing about a week later in a different thread, I look at some of mr corals chop shopped auctions and sure enough, there's some of the zoos that I sold him, that "didn't make it"! I have no idea why he wouldn't post in the thread that some polyps made it, possibly because he was busy chopping them off of the rocks prior to taking pictures and it would have made him seem unscrupulous, who knows, but there's my side of the issue.

I also know that I potentially lost a lot more than $85 of business from that thread, I knew that before it was even started, so if anything will tell you the level of pushing that it took for me to get to that point, where no matter how many thousands I lost this guy wasn't getting a penny from me, that fact alone should

Stixbaraca

Zoanthid Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you know where my loyalty is Miguel!!! You've done nothing but bend over backwards to satisfy myself and the rest of us in the Philly area and beyond!!!

P.S.
Did you hear I made the cover of the ThatFishPlace catalog this week with the pic I took of your micro I was babysitting!!!

Mixing lighting technologies: Do you use multiple types of lighting for your reef?

• I currently use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • I have used multiple types of lighting for my reef in the past.

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • I haven’t used multiple types of lighting for my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • I have no plans to use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back