Page's office tank

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks!

Stephan nailed it. They are catfish. In the other corner are loaches. We have three of them. The largest is about 6" and the other two aren't far behind.
We introduced some clown loaches to our tank when it was first starting out, they gave it aids...officially referred to now as “THE PLAGUE”. Killed our Bolla sharks, purple sharks, some of the barbs, mini glow fish, and all the loaches...

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We introduced some clown loaches to our tank when it was first starting out, they gave it aids...officially referred to now as “THE PLAGUE”. Killed our Bolla sharks, purple sharks, some of the barbs, mini glow fish, and all the loaches...

Whoa, that sucks.

Our's are Dojo loaches. They are also referred to as Weather loaches because they can detect changes in barometric pressure and become a bit cuckoo with big changes in pressure. I guess they're supposed to be illegal to sell here because they're supposed to be an invasive fish. I do not understand this as they sometimes carry them at Petco. We ended up with three because Katherine originally bought two. They were very small and one managed to jump out of the tank. Interestingly, it had jumped out of the tank on a night when it stormed heavily ( big barometric swing). The following day we found it on the floor and then couldn't find the other one either. So, Katherine went and bought two more. About four days later, I noticed there were three of them in the tank. We got a kick out of it because Katherine is always thinking that whenever a fish is missing it's dead.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kinda chilly this morning...

Screenshot_20200214-053404_The Weather Channel.jpg

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whoa, that sucks.

Our's are Dojo loaches. They are also referred to as Weather loaches because they can detect changes in barometric pressure and become a bit cuckoo with big changes in pressure. I guess they're supposed to be illegal to sell here because they're supposed to be an invasive fish. I do not understand this as they sometimes carry them at Petco. We ended up with three because Katherine originally bought two. They were very small and one managed to jump out of the tank. Interestingly, it had jumped out of the tank on a night when it stormed heavily ( big barometric swing). The following day we found it on the floor and then couldn't find the other one either. So, Katherine went and bought two more. About four days later, I noticed there were three of them in the tank. We got a kick out of it because Katherine is always thinking that whenever a fish is missing it's dead.
The original BPS (big purple shark) used to occasionally swim upstream thinking he was a salmon and get stuck in the HOB. Must have done it 3-4x, I would rescue him and he would be fine. First time it happened we thought maybe he had jumped and Neo (our dog) had eaten him...but no. Just a crazy fish ;Dead

“we ended up with three because Katherine originally bought two” <<< details!

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The original BPS (big purple shark) used to occasionally swim upstream thinking he was a salmon and get stuck in the HOB. Must have done it 3-4x, I would rescue him and he would be fine. First time it happened we thought maybe he had jumped and Neo (our dog) had eaten him...but no. Just a crazy fish ;Dead

“we ended up with three because Katherine originally bought two” <<< details!

I thought I gave the details. She bought two. One jumped out and she thought the other one died because we couldn't find it. She went out and bought two more. Three days later, when the missing one showed up, we had three. So, it's some simple math; (2 - 1) + 2 = 3. ;)

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought I gave the details. She bought two. One jumped out and she thought the other one died because we couldn't find it. She went out and bought two more. Three days later, when the missing one showed up, we had three. So, it's some simple math; (2 - 1) + 2 = 3. ;)
I was really hoping for a wild loach procreation story :confused:

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was really hoping for a wild loach procreation story :confused:

With any amount of luck and some Barry White tunes playing I'll be providing that story sometime in the near future! ;)

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates over the weekend or will this be pretty much a "during the week" process as the tank is at Branch 589?

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty much Monday - Friday for Sw anytime fw

Cool!

Picked up 10 new fish yesterday for the 90.
4 x Green Tiger Barbs
2 x Electric Green Glo Tiger Barbs
2 x Gold Gouramis
1 x Powder Blue Dwarf Gourami
1 x Paradise Blue Gourami

1 of the Gold Gouramis and 1 of the Green Tiger Barbs didn't make it. Will be returning/replacing them today.

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool!

Picked up 10 new fish yesterday for the 90.
4 x Green Tiger Barbs
2 x Electric Green Glo Tiger Barbs
2 x Gold Gouramis
1 x Powder Blue Dwarf Gourami
1 x Paradise Blue Gourami

1 of the Gold Gouramis and 1 of the Green Tiger Barbs didn't make it. Will be returning/replacing them today.
We love our barbs, great choice!! Lots of movement and dartiness from those guys

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@sfin52 - how is your FW tank doing with the T5s on it?

Also, tell your boss to get his butt in gear!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back