ORP and PH Probes Incorrect?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

chrfrancis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone,

This is my first time using an Apex and I am currently cycling my new tank. Below is what I am currently seeing after running the Apex for almost a week. Both the PH and ORP seem low, salinity and temp are spot on however after comparing them to my red sea refractometer and lab grade thermometer.

Any ideas, could there be issues with these two probes?

upload_2018-5-16_8-24-20.png

OP
OP
chrfrancis

chrfrancis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hanna Instruments

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, it did.

You could always get more calibration fluid for both the ORP and pH electrode. First clean off the probe with DI water then submerge each probe in their respective solution without entering calibration mode to check if the values are within the electrode's accuracy statement. Just make sure to use fresh calibration buffers.

Yati

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's going to take a while for ORP to read correctly, it took mine a few weeks it will slowing increase daily but if you're not using ozone that number may not be imperative. As far as your PH is concerned if you calibrated it (more than once) I would trust the lab grade probe over the kit but you can go to you LFS as a 3rd opinion... since you're cycling your tank, I assume there is no stock, so if you have some ph buffer you can dose to see if the probe then read the buffer point and that will tell you for sure... thats another thought..

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back