Orphek atlantic v2.1 b Any users? Recommended intensity etc

Beats001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I purchased a 2nd hand Orphek Atlantic v2.1 b fixture, I am experimenting a bit with the intensity of the 4 channels. When I Google for information on what other people are running at, I have found little information, so trying to get a thread going here specifically for this light.
I was running the 4 channels at 75, 100, 75, 75 and I measured my PAR to be around 250 - 300 at top of my rocks with Seneye.
I have noticed that the intensity doesn't drop off dramatically it seems the lower you go in the tank as I have seen with other lights.
But my coral are struggling a bit, paling and closing up, so I have lowered to 40, 100, 40, 40. I like the blue look, so I have the whites and 3 and 4 channels decreasing towards the evening. I will see how the corals respond at these settings.
I am interested to hear what others at at and their experiences.

Thanks

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m a new orphek user myself. First thing I’ll say is the lights are VERY powerful from my understanding. Ease into it. I ran their acclimation mode for 5 weeks then switched to another program and I think I burned some of my SPS. Color looks horrible.

corey

OP
OP
Beats001

Beats001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m a new orphek user myself. First thing I’ll say is the lights are VERY powerful from my understanding. Ease into it. I ran their acclimation mode for 5 weeks then switched to another program and I think I burned some of my SPS. Color looks horrible.

corey
Yeah, my coral have all paled out, the PAR I have them at is only slightly above what it previously was, now less. Hopefully they come back. What program are you using? Are you now seeing success? I also have kessils and radions, so will be an interesting experiment to see what grows coral the best.

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am using a modified version of the acclimation. Most hints are looking better but I had my return pump go down on me and so that didn’t help because my sump was offline and so was my calcium reactor...

corey

Oldreefer44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that you will find that most of us run whites at 50 to 70% and blues 80 to 100%. Reds and greens 60 to 8o%. There are several threads out there with examples.

OP
OP
Beats001

Beats001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that you will find that most of us run whites at 50 to 70% and blues 80 to 100%. Reds and greens 60 to 8o%. There are several threads out there with examples.
I am using a modified version of the acclimation. Most hints are looking better but I had my return pump go down on me and so that didn’t help because my sump was offline and so was my calcium reactor...

corey
Ah rite nice1, they'll turn around.

OP
OP
Beats001

Beats001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I couldn't find a thread with that detail on it. Have you been running the v2's for long? How are you finding them?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 36 42.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 31.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back