Orphek Icons mounted with their universal mounting arms? Too heavy?

hoytoyed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received my two Atlantik icons today to replace a couple of XR 30 g5 pros on my Cade 1500. The Cade has 15mm glass on the front and sides, but the back glass, because it incorporates another glass panel about 4” in front of it making the ATO reservoir, is only 10mm glass. The Orphek mounting arms are rated for 10-19mm glass, but these lights are HEAVY. 15 or 16lbs each mounted on the 2 arms for each unit. Am I being too cautious? I have a cathedral ceiling so if I don’t use these arms I’m going to have to drop back and punt, and come up with some way to hang them.
If anyone has used these particular mounts with these lights, do you feel like they are safe and stable?
I’ve assembled one unit but I’m scared to mount it!!
EAE4A965-05FF-4267-9718-E40FF7F4439F.jpeg

OP
OP
hoytoyed

hoytoyed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually have a spare tank. The first one that was shipped to me was cracked in transit so it’s still in the garage after 9 months. I just went and gave it a trial fit on that tank and it’s pretty stable. I even wobbled it some and no issues. I’m going to have to come up with a hanging solution at some point because the lights don’t extend far enough over the tank. The display area is 24” but including the ATO section, it’s 28”. The mounts attach to the very back and only extend 12” so the center of the lights are at 12”from the back and 16” from the front. They probably have enough spread to cover it but I’ll just have to see.

OP
OP
hoytoyed

hoytoyed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Problem 1 seems to be solved. The glass on the spare tank seems to be plenty strong. I guess 10mm glass is stronger than I was thinking. Now I have problem #2.
The weir has a piece of glass separating itself from the ATO reservoir under the cover and prohibits the mount going where it needs to go. With the lights mounted there is about 7” on the left side of the tank between the side of the tank and the light panel itself. On the right side it’s about 5”. The light panels are touching each other in the center. It may not make a difference in light spread and coverage, and only be an aesthetic thing, but I think I’m going to have to make an overhead bracket off of the wall to suspend the panels.

Flipsea87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I actually have a spare tank. The first one that was shipped to me was cracked in transit so it’s still in the garage after 9 months. I just went and gave it a trial fit on that tank and it’s pretty stable. I even wobbled it some and no issues. I’m going to have to come up with a hanging solution at some point because the lights don’t extend far enough over the tank. The display area is 24” but including the ATO section, it’s 28”. The mounts attach to the very back and only extend 12” so the center of the lights are at 12”from the back and 16” from the front. They probably have enough spread to cover it but I’ll just have to see.
Question, where did you purchase this mounts? Looking for a pair myself Thanks in advance.

Back