• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Orphek OR3 24” UV/Violet Light Bar

Ryan Satow

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Light bar is brand new, less than a week old. Bought straight from Orphek.
$150 new, selling for $125.

2890C529-33F6-464F-B863-197A8CAD5E04.jpeg

maroma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking at this. if you dnt mind why are you selling it

OP
OP
R

Ryan Satow

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m going from a 24” tank to a 48” tank. Going to get bigger ones.

OP
OP
R

Ryan Satow

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the color of this combo more because it gives more of a purple shade to tank. Under par meter it added 40-50 par throughout tank.

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Orpheks are fantastic lights my only minor complaint is I wish they had a WiFi controller for dimming, I did hear that Orphek was planning one for this quarter of 2020 but who knows with Covid. I use a separate smart plug to manage the on/off times. If you can fit them over your tank this is a good deal.

I’ll post a pick later... if that will help with your decision @maroma

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Dimming has been the #1 request by many

Twins Dragonz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dimming has been the #1 request by many
I’m not familiar with Orphek. Are you saying this light is just straight up “on and off” no timer nor dimming on this light. Is this enough to cover 24” x 24”? I’m currently running it with AP700 with mainly sps. Thinking of adding one like this for more coverage throughout every spot in that 24” cube. Thoughts?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Straight up on/off but you can place on apex or household timer to choose time on and off

maroma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question: I'm thinking on adding this to a ATI regular not dimmable T5 fixture is this to much power with T5 and this Led at 100%? If I plan running for 10hrs

OP
OP
R

Ryan Satow

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it’s just a T5 fixture you have, then no it won’t be too much.

BighohoReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not familiar with Orphek. Are you saying this light is just straight up “on and off” no timer nor dimming on this light. Is this enough to cover 24” x 24”? I’m currently running it with AP700 with mainly sps. Thinking of adding one like this for more coverage throughout every spot in that 24” cube. Thoughts?
Straight up on and off not dimmable option currently. I have it connected to a smart plug surge protector. I haven't had any issues with it though and love the lights. Corals look amazing under them though. I run the 120 Blue light and the 90 Daylight for the SPS side of the tank.

IMG-2145.jpg IMG-2125.jpg

Milkman420

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Orpheks are fantastic lights my only minor complaint is I wish they had a WiFi controller for dimming, I did hear that Orphek was planning one for this quarter of 2020 but who knows with Covid. I use a separate smart plug to manage the on/off times. If you can fit them over your tank this is a good deal.

I’ll post a pick later... if that will help with your decision @maroma
Hey I just purchased 2 or3 bars a purple/uv and blue about a month ago. I spoke to the orphek guy and he said they’re working on one but due to the pandemic it won’t be available probably until next year. He said it shouldn’t cost all that much either for what it’s worth. I personally can’t wait for that time to come cuz it will be a game changer in my personal opinion

BighohoReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I just purchased 2 or3 bars a purple/uv and blue about a month ago. I spoke to the orphek guy and he said they’re working on one but due to the pandemic it won’t be available probably until next year. He said it shouldn’t cost all that much either for what it’s worth. I personally can’t wait for that time to come cuz it will be a game changer in my personal opinion
Thanks @Milkman420! It will be a game changer... now if they could also figure out how to make the power inverter smaller that would be awesome ;)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back