Orphek or3 bar or reefbreeders lumen bar

Wes10C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats everyone’s opinion on the orphek and reefbreeders led bars. I wanna add some more light along with my 2 primes.

[Cameron]

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have only seen the Reef Brite LED strips and I was impressed. Couldn't tell the difference between them and the T5s they replaced.

MONTANTK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone on here had a nice article about the reef brite (not to be confused with reef breeder) and the Or3 bars. Ultimately, the reef brites blow the Or3 out of the water when it came to par and I think spectrum as well. Not too familiar with the reef breeders so I won’t comment but may be worth looking at reefbrites too

bam123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOve my orphek bars. I don't think it matters what you pick, anything that hit the minimum PAR and where you don't change the spectrum every other month and you will get great results if everything else is good.

OP
OP
W

Wes10C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOve my orphek bars. I don't think it matters what you pick, anything that hit the minimum PAR and where you don't change the spectrum every other month and you will get great results if everything else is good.
What are your “main” lights? Im really just looking for something to help a little bit with shadowing and shimmer. Not a fan of alot of light shimmer.

bam123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are your “main” lights? Im really just looking for something to help a little bit with shadowing and shimmer. Not a fan of alot of light shimmer.
I run the orphek bars on my fowler that has a lot of softies. It is a deep tank and the corals are happy. They are my primary. I used on 2 foot bar on a 2 foot tank as a supplement to kessel spotlight and it worked great for a mixed tank.

Hermie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone on here had a nice article about the reef brite (not to be confused with reef breeder) and the Or3 bars. Ultimately, the reef brites blow the Or3 out of the water when it came to par and I think spectrum as well. Not too familiar with the reef breeders so I won’t comment but may be worth looking at reefbrites too
Not entirely true. Reef Brite have wider spread and more even distribution of PAR, however OR3 has higher PAR over the middle area, ie a long spotlight/"bar of light" effect. So if someone has a deep and narrow tank, OR3 would be my choice, however Reef Brite illuminate more of the tank. And it really also depends on how many lights people are going to install. One vs Multiples will change the light distribution. Since OR3 has higher PAR than Reef Brite over the center, it can be mounted higher to achieve an equal PAR level, but the light distribution will still not be as wide as a Reef brite mounted lower. Personally I like wide spread of light, but I have an OR3 so I'm trying to make it work. I may end up removing the lenses to get more of the reef brite effect

RJKain-777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Orphek OR blue plus bars . Love mine.

Attachments

• 4D8B63F7-B3E5-4C53-BAEA-6C80F816D4F4.jpeg
    4D8B63F7-B3E5-4C53-BAEA-6C80F816D4F4.jpeg
    86.1 KB · Views: 136

JNelsonCo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can the individual LEDs be rearranged in a Orphek 24” OR3 daylight? I would like to rearrange to fit my display.

OP
OP
W

Wes10C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Id really like to know if anyone has used them along with ai prime leds. Not T5s

Oldreefer44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have Stratons on a 180 and use OR3's to get extra pop out of corals. Use a blue plus and what they call the uv which is looks like lavender. Get fantastic colors out of corals even 36 inches below lights.

bday1335

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As an experiment, I am currently running 4 x OR3 36" bars staggered over a 48"x24"x24" 120g right now as Primary lighting. Knowing the fact that Orphek used the same LEDs as the Atlantik V2 on these bars, I wanted to see how it performed. So far, so good! Great spread over the full tank, minimal shading and all corals are loving it! Great color, and great growth over the past 3 months. They are mounted 5" off the water in a canopy. Only downside is the inability to dim, but I cycle them on one by one in the morning, and repeat for off cycle at night. Seems to work great

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back