Orphek OR3 LED Bar Reef Aquarium Photo Gallery

BAMatter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so you can see that the Hydra 64 does not offer the Violet spectrum, so you have 2 options:
1. to add OR3 UV Violet
2. To add OR violet reef day.

If you want a bit more color pop you should go with VIOLET REEF DAY and not with UV Violet.
@Orphek I’ve been doing a bit of research on this.. since my Hydra’s have a decent white channel on them, would I be better off long term going with the UV Violet instead of the Violet Reef Day?

Last edited:

xabo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What would I need to mount four xr30’s to two 60” OR3’s?
IMG_1622.JPG

IMG_1616.JPG

Pico bam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are the deepest blue or3 bars? I bought two of the sky blues and there not as deep blue as I expected. Looking for a deep royal blue.

OP
OP
Orphek

Orphek

Orphek- Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Orphek I’ve been doing a bit of research on this.. since my Hydra’s have a decent white channel on them, would I be better off long term going with the UV Violet instead of the Violet Reef Day?
Hi Ben , in this case then yes .

OP
OP
Orphek

Orphek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whould one 48 inch light be enough light for a 55 gallon?
Hi , what is the full dimension , L x W x H , what type of corals SPS,LPS,Soft ,

OP
OP
Orphek

Orphek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
48" x 13" x 21" im planning on getting just some lps and softies but maybe some easy sps too.
Yes 1 OR3 120 , reef day , or even blue plus if you want a very pop look , or mix then you will get both world.

OP
OP
Orphek

Orphek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are the deepest blue or3 bars? I bought two of the sky blues and there not as deep blue as I expected. Looking for a deep royal blue.
Hi Pico, For deep royal blue the OR3 blue plus is the one , for deeper then the OR3 uv/violet
hope this photo can help to see the deference btw the 3 models

1. OR3 Sky blue - strong fluorescent (Chlorophylls a and c2 utilize blue. Beta-carotene 470nm)

2. OR3 Blue plus - Wide fluorescent (Mixing Sky blue and UV/Violet )

3. OR3 UV violet - Deep fluorescent (chlorophylls a and c2. wide violet band of 400-430nm proved to be essential for the excitation of fluorescent proteins. )

Orphek OR3 sky blue -blue plus - uv violet .jpg

OP
OP
Orphek

Orphek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi , Pico, we have solution for that ! the OR3 LED bar is built to be upgrade (open and close easy and not loos the IP67 waterproof , for that it got patent ) same as the atlantik and other orphek products, so it can server you for many many years ! all you have to do is to order the Blue plus LED PCB and replaced the sky blue .
Please check this video : it will help to understand how it built .

argiBK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi BAMatter:
Here is the OR3 product page : https://orphek.com/or3-hybrid-reef-aquarium-led-bar/
and This is the OR3 sky blue spectrum
Orphek-OR3-Blue-Sky-scaled.jpg

it will be great if you get 2x Atlantik iCon compact (and we have now a great discount if you email us to [email protected]) but in my opinion you can save lots of money if you going with the OR3 120 LEDS bar ,

your aquarium is not wide just 18" so the atlantik icon compact is too much ,
beside from 1th of FEV, you can order the OSIX controller for the OR3 120 bar and you will get all the benefits of the atlantik icon system ( 1000% dimming ) it will save you so much money . and you not need more then 2-3 units for 18" wide.
Here is example of the controller for OR60 led bar (for 120 will come with 320W power supply )
Osix 60 OR LED bar controller.jpg

and here is how all connect together
Orphek OR LED bar controller .jpg

I recommend to check this post https://orphek.com/amazing-1-year-old-reef-aquarium-lighting-orphek-or3-led-bar/
this amazing story of David’s aquarium. This Singaporean reefer has been growing SPS and LPS corals over a year and although he says he is not an experienced reefer, he is excelling in the hobby! Not only he accomplished to grow his corals beautifully, he also made a journal to keep track of this wonderful project!

from 0 to this in 1 years without water change so amazing !
Reef aquarium or3 led bar orphek .JPG

Really excited about the OSIX controller for these bars. Do you have a sense when it will be launched?

OP
OP
Orphek

Orphek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A
Really excited about the OSIX controller for these bars. Do you have a sense when it will be launched?
Hi actually it ready just not with the final box , if you really need urgent then you contact us and we can ship with brown package

OP
OP
Orphek

Orphek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Coronus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thinking about replacing my Reef Brite XHO Actinics with the OR3 blue plus. I have read that the spread is not as good with the OR3? Any truth to this? Also is the blue plus color spectrum have that bright blue pop of color the reefbrites have?

OP
OP
Orphek

Orphek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking about replacing my Reef Brite XHO Actinics with the OR3 blue plus. I have read that the spread is not as good with the OR3? Any truth to this? Also is the blue plus color spectrum have that bright blue pop of color the reefbrites have?
Hi The OR3 LENS built to give the right amount of PAR for corals at 36inch from the light . If you just wish to have a wide spread but the par will drop . Then you can take out the lens . The blue plus is mix of violet blue cyan LEDs . This will give a wide spectrum and wide coral color pop , if you wish to get a strong color pop then go with sky blue . Orphek use 5w dual chip leds so thy are the strongest at the market .

Coronus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
what does strong color pop mean with the sky blue vs blue plus? I have been running reef brites for years. The color is bright but deep blue. Problem is the leds loose brightness in 2-3 years and are useless. This I am experiencing now with 6 fixtures. Does it void the warranty to take out the lens?

Last edited:

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 26 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.3%

Back